Face Behind the Name

Talking of Cranky, how come he seems to have stopped posting on this forum?

Omni,

Maybe he has a job, unlike those of us poor sots without one…(or if we continue to screw around this much… soon to be without one ;-)) and therefore does not spend his life online like me! Or in the alternative he has a life, a wife, a girlfriend, or maybe he just doesn’t love us anymore.

Omni…

I think you’ve been looking at my website. Only thing you’re wrong about is the tattooed girl, Chinese (Taiwanese) is right, but no tattoo. Try 3 years younger than me for I am not that old and if she were 10 years my junior I would be in jail now, especially since we have a son.

Yeah, the girls still go all gooey, but not over me anymore - over my young son.

Hey - Not exactly “good looking” - I object.

[quote=“Maoman”]Mucha Man: Strong, silent type. Used to be considered handsome, but is already past his prime. His hair is thinning a bit at the temples. Wears jeans and polo shirts when he goes out with his woman. Not a player. Good guy to have at your side in a fight.[/quote]:shock: Would I be being excessively vindictive if I said that I’d rather have him at my side than standing behind me? :smiling_imp:

Can we stop all this talk about girls going gooey - it’s positively obscene!

Is that? … could it be? … I’m sure it is … it’s gotta be … the smell …

of what? … what is that smell?

Ah, must be sour grapes

:wink:

i guess the theme of this description is “aggressive”. :slight_smile: actually, anyone who knows me in real life describes me as a very laid-back southern california boy. not that particularly athletic, have always had a very ordinary boring haircut, and my sports car in the states was yellow, not black. :wink:

the only poster i’ve ever encountered was bri. actually didn’t meet him, but sat next to him at an internet cafe and saw he was posting on oriented.org. thought it would have been too weird to turn to him and say, “hi, i’m flipper!”

would go to happy hour some time, but i’ve been to similar mixers in the states before and the thought of having to keep telling all the yuppies that i’m an unemployed student keeps me away.

Aw, c’mon, Flipper – haven’t you learned to gently infer that you work for “a certain government organization” and let them assume that the reason for your failure to give more details is that you don’t wish to have to shoot them afterwards?? :smiley:

The oriented happy hours in Taipei is actually packed with unemployed foreign students in cheap suits, trying to pass themselves off as yuppies.

getting back on track here:

Omniloquacious:
With a moniker like this one I think Omni. probably swallowed a dictionary at a very young age. He like another poster (to remain nameless) possibly resembles Bill Gates. Omni. still wears the same out of fashion clothes that he wore when he was a poor student. His record collection includes ABBA and John Denver (Holger also probably has a great ABBA collection). Likes to shake his bootie but has trouble with his sweat glands so he doesn’t go to the clubs much anymore due to the embarrassment that it creates.

Nope. I was 7 years old when the 70’s ended. They weren’t really my gig. I am more into Queen, U2 etc.

[quote=“Alien”][quote=“Maoman”]

Flicka: Short, pudgy, and very friendly. Probably drinks cocktails instead of beer. Chatty, but not gossipy. Was probably a lovely baby, will eventually be a cute old man.[/quote]

I doubt Flicka would appreciate being considered pudgy and I believe he’s a beer drinker, but the rest is true!

Cute old man Flicka![/quote]

Pudgy? I wouldn’t say pudgy, I’d say stocky, bearish. You’re right, Alien, although I have been dipping into the cocktails a little more than beer recently.
I’d like to think I was a lovley baby, but my poor mother, whose hair turned gray the first four years of my life, might have a different story. (I drowned in the ocean once; climbed on the roof of our house once using glass shingle windows and jumped off the roof, only to be saved by a tree; plus caused a plane to make a crash landing after I turned off the oil when the captain let me visit the cockpit.) I only hope I become a cute old man.

[quote=“bassman”]getting back on track here:

Omniloquacious:
With a moniker like this one I think Omni. probably swallowed a dictionary at a very young age. He like another poster (to remain nameless) possibly resembles Bill Gates. Omni. still wears the same out of fashion clothes that he wore when he was a poor student. His record collection includes ABBA and John Denver (Holger also probably has a great ABBA collection). Likes to shake his bootie but has trouble with his sweat glands so he doesn’t go to the clubs much anymore due to the embarrassment that it creates.[/quote]

Bassman, you’d be close to the mark there if you adjusted your aim by 180 degrees or so.

Yes, you’re right, I swallowed that dictionary, but I chewed it up first, and that’s how it tends to come out when I try to spout its contents.

I absolutely do not resemble Bill Gates at all, except that I have recently begun to wear glasses for reading small print. I do not have his nerdish looks or whiney voice, and my millions don’t take up anywhere near as much space on a bank statement as his.

A few years ago, when I went home to visit my parents, I tried to put on some of those much-beloved rags from my student years. I couldn’t even squeeze into them, which came as quite a shock. That was a great pity, coz they just don’t make gear like that any more. So while I confess that my duds don’t comply with the dictates of fashion, they’re not really all that old.

ABBA and John Denver? Not bad from time to time, but I haven’t listened to them in years and don’t have any of their CDs. I’d reather listen to oldies like Van the Man and Chen Suhua.

The perspiration thing? I’m not at all bulky, but the glands are pretty active. My girlfriend thinks I sweat like a pig, but that’s what most Chinese think about most foreigners – especially in the cauldron of summer. I wouldn’t be embarrassed to get soaked in sweat at a club, but I haven’t done any shakin’ of that bootie in years (it would be too depressing to see all those gorgeous teens strutting their stuff and know that I’ve too many miles on the clock to get in with them and not look ridiculous).

i would wager that i have the biggest abba collection out of anyone on here. even have the techno remixes and abba-teens(on mp3). let’s not forget the original cast recording of mama mia. :wink:

abba were pioneers in music. their sounds were the precursor to 80’s synthpop groups like new order, erasure, depeche mode, pet shop boys, etc…and those bands were huge influences for the electronica/techno/trance genre of today.

so y’all better stop mocking abba!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Maoman wrote:

Attractive: hm, no comment.

Fascinated by foreigners: Lord, no!! :laughing:

she emulates them in her clothing style and in her mannerisms: this is so not true!! Not only did I hardly have an idea of what foreigners’ clothing style is (don’t care either), but I also care little (usually) about my clothes. Simplicity and comfort are my main choices; I’m a simple person. And I just happen to be the way I am, good or bad, unfortunately :frowning: .

Would like to change something about herself: would like to change my life a bit maybe. Life is a little bit routine!! I wish I can be a better person and more mature, though.

You’re right about my hair length! Good guess!

No way!!! We’re the same age??? I always think of you as an “older gentleman”.

J.

Well, smacktually, Holger does seem a bit older in person than he really is. He’s got the way of my dad about him. Quite mature for his generation.
Sandman, on the contrary, seems quite young for his age.

So Juba is Larry Holmes then?

Uh … do you mean ‘John Holmes’

Larry Holmeswas a boxer. Not a brief kinda guy.

Either or, if the rumors are to be believed. But I did mean John Holmes.