What kind of facial hair do you sport?
- None. Clean as a baby’s bottom (pre-poopie).
- Don’t shave often. A constant scruff adorns my cheeks.
- A (non-Hilterian) moustache.
- I have a “flavor saver” (hair on chin only).
- I have a goatee/Van Dyke.
- I have a full, neatly trimmed beard.
- I look like I’ve never met a razor.
To goatee, or not to goatee…
When I turned 30 and found that my hair was shifting backward on my scalp and landing on my neck, I grew a goatee (properly known as a Van Dyke moustache) to distract the ladies from the increasing amount of scalp area visible. It worked well for a few years, but was a pain to shave. I eventually shaved it off and looked five years younger.
Now, I’m growing it back. Winter is here, and though my girlfriend claims I’m hotter than Aragorn in the Lord of the Rings, I know better. She supports the facial hair so that she can have a more Strider-like man. Wait until she sees the gray hairs poking through.
Since we at segue never get to see each other, I thought it would be fun to know who is clean, and who is dirty. We’ll assume that our female posters don’t have much facial hair. Sorry to exclude you, but I welcome your comments on the preferred male facial hair styling.