Factors that my effect your APRC status in the future

Hey there my international brothas n sistas…

Gotta few issues here that may effect those staying here long enough to get APRCs…
Well, like the title says: Factors that my effect your APRC status in the future.
A lot has been written about how to procure an APRC, but
little or nothing on how to keep it.
We all know that the easy NT$100 Open Work Permit is required, and then the general
concensus is that “now you’re free to do what you want, as long as you’re qualified”.
But not having to get an ARC anymore surely comes with its own dangers.
A few of my queries include:

1.) Since there’s no need for an ARC, there’s also no need to ever ask if your school
is in fact legally operating with a recognized license…what if they are raided,
and you are accused of working at a school without a license?
2.) The same goes for private lessons… are you allowed to teach privates
now that you have an APRC? And up to how many students are allowed in one lesson?
5 or 6 I’ve heard…
3.) Finally, what are the chances of being screwed over when paying tax…Having to
keep track of all those privates and schools?

Others might also want to know factors that influence them if they have opened their
own vendor or little business…
I ask all this as I’m a bit worried that my current school doesn’t have a license. I’m
only part-time there… and I should ask, but I fear insulting the boss, so thought I’d
first try to find out what the opinions are out there…

[quote=“jamesmiller”]1.) Since there’s no need for an ARC, there’s also no need to ever ask if your school is in fact legally operating with a recognized license…what if they are raided, and you are accused of working at a school without a license?[/quote]This is a bit of a snafu. On one hand you have an open work permit, on the other the MOE says you need to have a bachelors degree to get the work permit. I would say it depends on who is busting the school. If it were I, I would whip out my open work permit, my APRC, my most innocent hurt face and swear up and down that I hadn’t done anything wrong, and that I thought the school was legal. I would then pray that the LEO’s typical ignorance/indifference of the law was so great that they would just let me go. YMMV

[quote=“jamesmiller”]2.) The same goes for private lessons… are you allowed to teach privates now that you have an APRC? And up to how many students are allowed in one lesson? 5 or 6 I’ve heard…[/quote]You should be able to and I believe the limit is 4 at one time.

[quote=“jamesmiller”]3.) Finally, what are the chances of being screwed over when paying tax…Having to keep track of all those privates and schools?[/quote]Just keep track of what you were paid and claim it at the tax office or better yet talk to an accountant and get the advice of a person who should know how to handle it right.

[quote=“jamesmiller”]Others might also want to know factors that influence them if they have opened their own vendor or little business…[/quote]Just keep your APRC on you, Athula of Bitan nightmarket Rotti fame, has had the cops come and demand to see his papers. he showed them and they left him alone. They did take him home one time though because he forgot to bring them with him.

I don’t suppose spelling and word use would be among them???

1. If the school is legal, it is supposedly alos paying taxes. If it is illegal, maybe not. So we may take our receipt andtell the officer “but I thought it was legal, look, taxes are paid!” That should reasonably satisfy all parties involved.

On the other hand, it also arouses the question: what kind of crime do you have to commit to have APRC revocked?

1. I’d say if they are paying you, you could get some receipts and use those, because if they are including your payments in their tax statements, well, that’ll be problematic. Even more if it is a company and it is deducting it as an expense.

2. This is a fantastic question. Would love to know the answer. I’ll ask teh nice Xindian lady when I present my taxes… Rats, that reminds me…