Fake doctors save 'wan hospitals money

The chabudo approach to medical care.
"Two hospitals have admitted that they knew they were hiring bogus doctors, but did so in a bid to save on medical fees. "

I dunno, even half of the reals doctors I encountered (in Taipei) are morons, so I thought it doesn’t really matter if fake or not. A professor being the department boss of Tri State Military hospital being lectured by me about symptoms he believes to see (they would be really big exzema but there were NONE).

I said where?

He said “there”

I said where?

He said “there!”

I said “show me”

“There!”

I said “show me, put your finger on it”

And then surprise: “oh… I can’t see it”

Yeah, so no operation. He seemed to me a doc of the Xerox copy and paste faculty of aunt Lu’s copyshop University. But I guess given his position he was real.

Maybe a creative fake doctor is better. Or he was one. But I guess his papa was chief doctor as well so he just couldn’t fail in the exam … or he needed some extra cash from a quick surgery.

[I was there for a test and had skin allergy, but what he wanted to cut away definitely wasn’t there]

Don’t know about that. A one-off experience? I’ve seen several doctors at San Zhong and all seemed pretty cluey. I recommend going for the ones who have medical students sitting in. They only allow a small number of appointments, and can give lots more time to patients.

(In your anecdote, the doctor thought he could see something and then changed his mind, right?)

Don’t know about that. A one-off experience? I’ve seen several doctors at San Zhong and all seemed pretty cluey. I recommend going for the ones who have medical students sitting in. They only allow a small number of appointments, and can give lots more time to patients.

(In your anecdote, the doctor thought he could see something and then changed his mind, right?)[/quote]

He had the operation already scheduled. I used Google at home, went through some medical texts. No symptoms fitting to his diagnosis were to be seen (that would be an external very big blood “ball” on the skin). So I went back and he just pointed towards me and said “there!”. When being asked to put the finger on it, he couldn’t find anything.

Weird experience. I had more, but I think that is the outcome of a deregulated country. Quite a lot of people of every profession have no idea about their job and you just have to figure out who has.

I have had surgery performed here once, the standard of the doctors there was top notch.

I guess you have to shop around.

Same here… Kidney stone removal… rather pleasant and everybody should try it once a lifetime.

Because of national health care, some physicians will schedule unnecessary tests and procedures to line their pockets. You really have to go to the right places in Taiwan for quality medical assistance.

It is in general not that bad.

What I was subjected to which I don’t find necessary:

1. in Denmark surgery of the magnitude I was subjected to is an outpatient procedure. As they went from regional anestesia to putting me under, an overnight stay would have been a good idea, and the pain management the first 2 days was great, and something I would not have missed for the world. They kept me for 5 days, however that doctor is known to be careful about that, according to the nurses.

2. the saline drop was a nice touch, however as soon as I could eat, they should have taken it off. I managed to get rid of it, however only after a fair amount of begging.

3. Lots of xrays, however again, the doctor had reasons for that.

In order words, a bit more wasteful than Denmark, but much less than is say the US.

I would avoid tri service hospital or any military hospitals, I heard their doctors aren’t that good. I think veteran general hospitals are better. Also I found that a lot of clinics aren’t worth the trip, oftentimes they give you a bag of mystery medicine.

I had a rood canal at a military hospital, well done procedure apart from:

1. No anestesia used - OUCH!
  2. They were good at the root canal, but bad at diagnostics, they did the wrong tooth without even checking.

I can warmly recommend the Veterand General in Taipei.

[quote=“Mr He”]I had a rood canal at a military hospital, well done procedure apart from:

1. No anestesia used - OUCH!
  2. They were good at the root canal, but bad at diagnostics, they did the wrong tooth without even checking.

I can warmly recommend the Veterand General in Taipei.[/quote]

I think the NTU hospital is also good. They have to be, they got a reputation to protect.