Fake food in Taiwan

The question is, is it “lard” from Chang Chi? :ponder:

And how much rat fat is mixed in.

Reminds me of a joke about how much rat poop and roaches are considered “acceptable” in your food as per legal standards… wait, that ain’t no joke. :astonished:

A famous health yogurt drink is under fire because it imported the chlorophyll for colorant… lots of it… used for what? Who knows?

I’m just being pedantic here, but aren’t rats like rabbits in that they don’t have much bodyfat? I’m guessing people are going for lard because there aren’t many things cheaper than lard. Pigs have plenty of it. So even the most creative corporate executive would have trouble finding something to adulterate it with. You’re more likely to go to your local chinese herbalist and find your rat fat capsules have been adulterated with lard.

:roflmao:

I really wouldn’t bet on that.

I think that it’s the perfect place and time to ask this: does Taiwan any problem with gutter oil as China does?

Lard is expensive in Taiwan

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Color and shade makes or brakes the food in most countries. Quality? who cares.

I don’t know about now but you can get a pile of pig fat for like 10nt because nobody wants them. You can then make lard yourself off of that.

Originally, Crisco was cheaper than lard (per Wiki). BTW, I’ve read that a lot of the lard out there has been hydrogenated to make it stable, making it just as unhealthy as the original Crisco. BTW there’s a good article on lard here:
npr.org/blogs/money/2012/02/ … illed-lard

Does nothing exist to you if it isn’t on the internet? Anyway, after being common knowledge for quite some time, it’s finally coming out:

taiwannews.com.tw/etn/news_c … id=2349524

Awesome… Not!

Just this weekend I ran out of milk and bought Imei instead of my usual organic. The color was wrong, the taste was wrong… I still have 3/4s in my fridge. And Imei is like top of the line! Weichuan has always been reliable. Those yogurt drinks had already been spotted on the chlorophyll scandal. Uni-President… I try to stay away as the plague.

Yeah, yeah, yeah…

I went into welcome a couple of days ago, only two brands of milk were on the shelves.

Not again!

Can always raise your own cow and milk it…

so what a safe milk to drink in taiwan ,

as im planing on moving over soon …

thks

mike

So far, the organics seem OK. Chulu brand best flavor, home delivery system, also available at organic stores. 4-Way brand, both low fat and original. There is one more but the name eludes me now*. Anyways, buy your stuff at the organic stores, should be fine… so far…

*The Flying Cow

if you can handle a new calf every year … else, no milk.

This whole constant food scandals is exhausting. I managed to dodge the oil scandal as the higher priced (and authentic) oil had prettier packaging so that’s what I bought.

But milk, come on! I have milk everyday with my tea and have yoghurt with breakfast. This is infuriating.

@icon, it’s going to be all organic from now on. I should have made the switch months ago. It may be twice the price (or whatever) but am not willing to risk my health over it.

Hey, just a bit of information about the milk issue. It seems that that magazine made some tests that were disregarded by the government office due to the crappiness of the procedure followed. Basically the people from the magazine made some non valid test, without knowing how to make it, and the government office has done the same tests but in the correct way finding nothing wrong.

Besides, antibiotics in food is not fake food. Pitifully enough, you can find antibiotics in very basic food like eggs and so, nothing new here.