Falafel King Taipei (炸豆丸子國王)

That place looks killer. I envy the options the big city dwellers have.
Recently made my own falafel and it was easy enough and very tasty.

Falafel King on Tingzhou Road has adjusted its hours: from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm Monday to Saturday (Sundays closed).

The food remains excellent and is perfect for summer: bright, satisfying, and remarkably consistent, with the owner assembling each pita with care. The seating and air conditioning at the Tingzhou Road location is a welcome relief in this hot weather too. Enjoy!

Guy

3 Likes

Good place. I like the variety of toppings and how they fry the falafel to order.

1 Like

Another nice option is to skip the fried stuff altogether with their excellent eggplant and egg pita with hummus. Loaded with veggies, it’s a real treat.

Guy

1 Like

I just had another great pita at Falafel King. If there’s a better light meal than this for these hot summer days, I have not found it.

With the universities out, the King could use some forumosan support. If you’re in the Shida/Gongguan area, swing by and give it a try!

Guy

3 Likes

Fellow Forumosans, Lunar New Year’s Eve is upon us, and many shops will be closed today.

Falafel King on Tingzhou Road however will be open today before its hard-working proprietor takes a much-needed holiday break starting January 25. If you’re in Taipei City and craving some healthy, fresh, delicious food, this could be the place for you.

In any case, happy new year to all!

Guy

2 Likes

Update for Falafel King: their original branch on Tingzhou Road has closed, and they’ll reopen a new branch over in the Xinyi area in a couple of weeks. Copied from their Facebook page:

It’s been a 4 year journey in this location and finally the time has come to start a new one in a new place. We have decided to close our current location by the end of December (12/23) and start at the new location after the new year’s eve (1/2). It’s been a great honor to be at your service for the past 4 years here in this area, and I’d like to thank everyone for your love and support so far. I hope to see all of you sometimes at the new location too!

The new address will be :
信義路四段395巷6弄9號

I’m guessing that area is going to get them more business, although I’ll miss the old location, which was conveniently located for a take-out lunch or dinner while on a riverside bike ride. For most others the new area is probably more central.

(Link for Facebook page.)

4 Likes

Ohhh noo! Thank you for these news, I was planning to go there tonight for dinner :broken_heart:

1 Like

I tried the new place today. I guess I went during peak lunch hours so I had a huge wait time. It was super good though! Want to go again, just going to have to find a quiet time for it.

3 Likes