False tooth price

No shit! I nearly had something like this happen to me. A friend recommended a dentist who was educated in the US. Went to UPenn. She told me I had 10 cavities. I was shocked but was even more shocked when she managed to “fix” them all in 1 session. Also, she didn’t want to give me Novocain because they were very small and wouldn’t hurt. Fuck me, she was drilling and screaming at me. At one point she grabbed my jaw and told me not to move. Fucking fillings kept on falling out and I had to return 4 times to have them put back in. Never went back there again. Oddly enough she called me up to remind me that I had a checkup due.

1 Like

Have a local friend whose uncle is a dentist. Offered to do two implants for me for $20000nt as a favor for my friend. On its face it’s a great deal.

Did a little research as the price sounded great and found that most people need a bone graft. Asked my friend about it and he told me that his uncle said while giving him an implant that he was a little low on bone density but went ahead with it anyway and just told him to not chew on anything too hard in the future. Yikes… Not gonna get that quack to work on me

Damn, you guys are hard done by. I’m in the sticks and have been going to a dentist in the local barn who is doing everything possible for me not to spend money. Split one of the back fockers in half and he’s giving me the option to pull or fix. Not charging me for the visits I’ve been to after root canal either.

1 Like

Find out if you actually would need a bone graft. Every person is going to be different. I had it done in the US and not a problem since. That said, it makes sense to be a bit cautious when eating. Don’t eat stones and stuff like that. Not good for the teeth.

My problem with it was he didn’t really check to see if the guy needed a bone graft before, realized it during surgery and installed it anyway at a shallow depth. Kinda scary

That’s Taiwan! The land of “chabuduo and meiguanxi”.

I’ve been going to one dentist who’s pretty good. I fractured a tooth and she then told me there were basically 2 options. I thought for a moment and then asked her about a possible 3rd one. She then looked at me and said, “oh, yeah. You can do that as well”. I remember thinking to myself “what the fuck!” Why am I coming up with some of the solutions? Isn’t this the job of the expert? It sort of worried me.

1 Like

Yep. I have bruxism and most of my teeth in the front have grooves worn in them. My dentist in the US is a great guy, a surfer, and I like him a lot.

Friendship only goes so far, though. Five years ago he recommended I allow him to replace the furthest forward 6 teeth in my upper jaw due to wear. He was willing to extend special pricing, just US$1,500 per tooth. Thanks but no thanks, I said.

Those teeth are still in operation and working fine today, btw.