Falun Dafa is good

The whole world knows: Falun Dafa is good.
Falun Dafa is good for people and society.

Communist party in China persecutes Falun Gong.

An Independent Investigation Into Allegations of Organ Harvesting of Falun Gong Practitioners in China
organharvestinvestigation.net/events.htm

I’m not sure Iceland knows about how good Falun Gong is. I did see a movie once called Falun Gong with Michael Douglas where he goes crazy and holds up a fast food joint.

1 Like

Ja, þeir vita…

Falun Dafa is a Buddhist cult. Its not good. For sure it doesn’t deserve persecution by the wankers in Beijing but that doesn’t make it good.

I for one am always wary of anyone or anything that describe itself as “good” in such a blatant way. Same reason why I avoid any food that has “delicious” in its name: it’s pushing a positive judgement before said judgement can be given by the person you’re talking to. It’s the “car dealer” kind of pushiness.

I think that those who do not know, mainly because of

they have misunderstandings on Falun Gong,

or they are effected by the CCP’s evil propaganda, as many media in the world quoted Communist Party’s propaganda when the persecution began.

or they are effected by the CCP’s evil propaganda, as many media in the world quoted Communist Party’s propaganda when the persecution began.[/quote]

So, either we agree with you or we are misguided or misinformed? Not a good start for showing something is “good”.

I think that most people believe Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance is good,
Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance—is the foundation of Falun Gong.

[quote=“Novaspes”]
we are misguided or misinformed? [/quote]

I am not so important,
but I think that most people believe Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance is good, Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance—is the foundation of Falun Gong.
If someone does not think Falun Gong is good, that is because he is misguided or misinformed.

Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance—is the foundation of Falun Gong.[/quote]

Don’t forget racism and homophobia, also key tenets.

[quote=“Benjamin K”][quote=“Novaspes”]
we are misguided or misinformed? [/quote]

I am not so important,
but I think that most people believe Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance is good, Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance—is the foundation of Falun Gong.
[/quote]

Saying you’re guided by good principles is not enough to actually be guided by said principles. I am not saying Falun Gong is not funded on those, but you need to make some more efforts to convince people of ypur position that just stating it over and over again.

Whether or not Falun Gong is “good” is a legitimate question. If doubting and asking for information and arguments means being “misiformed or misguided”, well, welcome to the skeptical world, my friend. You might want to add “Skeptical Investigation” and “Critical, Indipendent Thought” to those founding principles up there. Otherwise, in my book, you’re not that good.

Don’t forget racism and homophobia, also key tenets.[/quote]

Seriously?

[quote=“Benjamin K”]

or they are effected by the CCP’s evil propaganda, as many media in the world quoted Communist Party’s propaganda when the persecution began.[/quote]

We’ve discussed Falun Gang at length over the years here. A search will turn up many threads. I think many have gone from a natural sympathy towards Falun Gong to antipathy over the course of those discussions, largely as a direct result of direct statements by Falun Gong supporters. So you may have your work cut out for you. A post like this won’t get you far.

[quote=“the bear”][quote=“Benjamin K”]

Don’t forget racism [/quote]

I think this is one example of misunderstanding.
Falun Gong practitioners try to assimilate to Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance, so Falun Gong practitioners treat all people the same way–be kind to all race and mixed-race.

Asking for information means not being “misinformed or misguided”. One needs information to judge.

[quote=“Benjamin K”][quote=“the bear”][quote=“Benjamin K”]

Falun Gong practitioners try to assimilate to Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance, so Falun Gong practitioners treat all people the same way–be kind to all race and mixed-race.[/quote]

Then you might illuminate us on the official position of Falun Gong about mixed race people. The version I have just read about differs from what you claim in more than one way.

[quote=“the bear”][quote=“Benjamin K”]

homophobia[/quote]

Another example for misunderstanding

faluninfo.net/article/654/Miscon … t-/?cid=23

[quote=“Novaspes”][quote=“Benjamin K”][quote=“the bear”][quote=“Benjamin K”]

Falun Gong practitioners try to assimilate to Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance, so Falun Gong practitioners treat all people the same way–be kind to all race and mixed-race.[/quote]

Then you might illuminate us on the official position of Falun Gong about mixed race people. [/quote]

Here comes:

[quote]One most inflamatory result was a New York Times journalist who wrote, without attribution, that Falun Gong believes children of mixed race are the “spawn” of the Dharma-ending period (a time of moral decline referred to in Buddhist scripture.) Needless to say, no such language appears in Falun Gong’s teachings. Regrettably, the journalist did not temper his own, outsider’s reading of that passage with investigation or evidence. They failed to check with any living, actual persons who do Falun Gong, preferring, seemingly, to not let a sensational reading of the passage be spoiled by evidence to the contrary.

Had they looked into the matter, they would have found their assumptions to be just that, assumptions. Many who practice Falun Gong have married and had children with individuals of a different race after taking up the practice. Of the 14 individuals who make up the Information Center’s staff, fully 4 fall into this category. If Falun Gong teaches racial segregation, it’s doing a poor job of it.

If the practice does not breed racial intolerance in the life of the individual, one might readily imagine how much less so it translates into a general “stance” on interracial marriage in society.[/quote]
faluninfo.net/article/654/Miscon … t-/?cid=23

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“Benjamin K”]

A post like this won’t get you far.[/quote]

I have seen some minsunderstandings. One needs right information. Isn’t it?

[quote=“Benjamin K”][quote=“Novaspes”][quote=“Benjamin K”][quote=“the bear”][quote=“Benjamin K”]

Then you might illuminate us on the official position of Falun Gong about mixed race people. [/quote]

Here comes:

[quote]One most inflamatory result was a New York Times journalist who wrote, without attribution, that Falun Gong believes children of mixed race are the “spawn” of the Dharma-ending period (a time of moral decline referred to in Buddhist scripture.) Needless to say, no such language appears in Falun Gong’s teachings. Regrettably, the journalist did not temper his own, outsider’s reading of that passage with investigation or evidence. They failed to check with any living, actual persons who do Falun Gong, preferring, seemingly, to not let a sensational reading of the passage be spoiled by evidence to the contrary.

Had they looked into the matter, they would have found their assumptions to be just that, assumptions. Many who practice Falun Gong have married and had children with individuals of a different race after taking up the practice. Of the 14 individuals who make up the Information Center’s staff, fully 4 fall into this category. If Falun Gong teaches racial segregation, it’s doing a poor job of it.

If the practice does not breed racial intolerance in the life of the individual, one might readily imagine how much less so it translates into a general “stance” on interracial marriage in society.[/quote]
faluninfo.net/article/654/Miscon … t-/?cid=23[/quote]

Thanks for that, at least it gives me a starting point.

I still have issues with notions like an invisible wheel implanted in one’s abdomen and ilnesses being cause by evil energies, but ehi, feel free to pray microbes away all you want.