Falun Gong is not a cult!

[quote=“cctang”]

FLG tells any prospective member the first thing they should do is sign up for a 9-day meditative training session [/quote]

Why didnot I sign up to any session?

Many practitioners just learn Falun Dafa by themselves.

[quote=“cctang”]
There are plenty of families that have been destroyed after FLG members reject their non-FLG practicing relatives. [/quote]

Who told you that? of course ccp, and you believe ccp’s lies.

Falun gong practiitoners are good husbands, good wives, good children, good employers and good empolyees.

Many families are broken in China, that is due to the evil persecution.

Falun Gong practitioners regard marriage and family seriously, and the most important is Falun Gong practitioners must be good persons, practise according to the nature of the universe, to be true, good and endure.

how can practitioners reject non-practicing relatives?

I don’t know, you tell me. I’m just repeating what Falun Gong recommends on their website;

参加就近举办的九天集体学法炼功班。这是最完整的一种方式。

Approximately how many times have you watched Li Hongzhi’s lectures on videotapes? Now, don’t lie about this like you lied about mainlanders “asking you” to help them withdraw from Communist Party organizations.

[quote=“cctang”]FLG tells any prospective member the first thing they should do is sign up for a 9-day meditative training session, during which Li Hongzhi’s lectures on videotape are played every day. What do you think sitting on a cot in a fixed meditative position a few hours every day does to you? It absolutely makes your mind far more vulnerable to “suggestion”.[/quote]I’m quite obviously no friend of Lizi’s, but that’s just a lie. It’s not true. I know, because I looked into FLG a couple of years back, until I found out how completely messed up it is.

I’m pulling the above text from the Falundafa’s “how to get started” page:

falundafa.org/start_c.htm

They recommend three steps (you can start with whicever step you’d like)

• read zhaun falun from beginning to end at one go;
  • find your closest FLG center in order to learn the five forms;
  • join a local 9-day FLG training course.

This is the most complete method. During these 9 days, play Teacher Li Hongzhi’s lecture video tapes every day while also learning the five forms.

Falun Gong practitioner do not have any enemies, we must be kind to everyone, let alone our family members.

After practising Falun Gong, many practitioners’ families became harmonious, no matter if their spouses practise. Actually many spouses of Falun Gong practitioners support practitioners after they see the great positive change of practitiners, although they might oppose at the beginning.

[quote=“cctang”]I don’t know, you tell me. I’m just repeating what Falun Gong recommends on their website;

参加就近举办的九天集体学法炼功班。这是最完整的一种方式。 [/quote]

Yes, this is a decent attitude.
if sby doesnot know, donot pretend you know.

Falun Gong is not a simple Qi Gong, is a great cultivation way, so practitioners have to learn the teaching of Falun Gong, by learning the great Law, practitioners can get rid of the bad thoughts, such as selfish, greedy, jealousy, … and have their thoughts become purer and purer, and gragually assimilate to the nature of the universe, to be true, good and endure.

But in Falun Dafa, nothing is forced, sby can come to learn without permittion, and he is free to leave without telling anyone, if sby wants to watch Master Li’s lecture video, he is free to come to the nearby practitioners’ home to watch; and if sby doesnot want or doesnot have time to come, that is ok, he can learn in his own home.

[quote=“cctang”]I’m pulling the above text from the Falundafa’s “how to get started” page:

This is the most complete method. During these 9 days, play Teacher Li Hongzhi’s lecture video tapes every day while also learning the five forms.[/quote]
And if you read what you’ve just posted, and what you said before, you’ll notice a difference - you implied it was required, rather than recommended. Big difference.

As much as I don’t like FLG, there’s no need to try and make it sound nuttier than it really is - the reality doesn’t need any embellishment. I mean come on, ancient nuclear reactors? Space aliens infiltrating the science world? Do we really need to embellish something like a meditation course when there’s all that?

[quote=“cctang”]
Approximately how many times have you watched Li Hongzhi’s lectures on videotapes? Now, don’t lie about this like you lied about mainlanders “asking you” to help them withdraw from Communist Party organizations.[/quote]

I only can say approximately 10 times.

Remember this, Falun Gong practise Truthfulness, Benevolence and Forbearance, Falun Gong practitioners are not allowed to lie, those we donot hope others know, we can just keep silence.

Tell you a little more about withdrawing from evil ccp, There are quite some Service Centres of withdrawing from ccp in many countries, and including Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan. Many volunteers are helping the mainlanders to quit evil ccp.
I can tell you a little about what I do, I use Internet to communicate with Chinese in mainland, and tell them what evil ccp has done to China and Chinese, ccp is more evil than Nazi, if they want to quit from such an evil orgnization, I’d like to help them. So sby asks me to quit from the evil orgnization, isn’t it quite simple? Anything sounds strange?

[quote=“cctang”]I’m pulling the above text from the Falundafa’s “how to get started” page:

This is the most complete method. During these 9 days, play Teacher Li Hongzhi’s lecture video tapes every day while also learning the five forms.[/quote]

I think you know, that is “recommend”, you can do as that, or you can learn by yourself, Falun Dafa does not pay attention to the form, but practitioners have to cultivate according to the nature of the universe, to be true, good and endure…

I started learning Falun Dafa in 1996, I think I know more about the great cultivation practice than those who just heard sth from certain reporters or ccp’s propaganda.

So,
those who want to show off they are much clever the 100 million practitioners;
those who have nothing to do, but just can’t help sneering others;

[quote]In both Western and Chinese culture, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one’s own actions, is widely accepted. The fundamental teaching of Falun Gong is the characteristic of the universe, “Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.” The universe will reward actions that are in harmony with this principle, while actions such as beating, torturing and murdering people will incur karmic retribution. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded with good, while evildoings will meet due retribution. Articles such as this one are meant as a compassionate

I just finished reading the downloadable version of “Zhuan Falon”.
Mostly gibberish, a few chapters lifted from the ol’pyramid scam op, interrupted by a few words of wisdom stolen from other faiths.
[color=indigo]ALL HAIL THE PHANTOM LORD!!![/color] :moo:

See Liz, I’ve already made my peace with my God. One of those evil ones, I am, made to suffer gods’wrath, as you posted. earlier.
However, that is irrelevant.
What is readily apparent is that Tha Gongers have not yet seemed to have made peace with their god, because in order to do so, they must convert others.
Not really keeping up with the program, are we now?
Maybe falon Ada needs to stick to cultural and soulful wastelands like Burnaby, BC. :smiley:

I suggest those who want to read “Zhuan Falun”, please donot read with a concept that you want to judge if this sentence or paragraph makes sense to you, just read from the beginning to the end, then you have an idea what is the teaching.

I know, after reading certain person may not believe in the teaching, I seggest that although you donot believe in the teaching, you have already known that Falun Gong tells people to be good, and no harm to people and society.
Even if you donot believe in it, you should not libel or slander, that is not good for yourself; you have known the practice is good, just because you donot accept it, then you slander…and what can you get by slandering a righteous practice? And what will you lose if 100 million practitiners are right?

[quote=“Lizi1118”]

[quote]Houston, Texas Named Master Li:
“Honorary Citizen” and “Goodwill Ambassador”
Proclaimed “Li Hongzhi Day”[/quote]

Do you think the government dfficials did not think the practice is good, and just wanted to slap ccp and they can claim that?

If they are not reponsible to their citizens, how can they continue to get the votes from the mass?[/quote]

How much money does it take buy one of these certificates?

So you want us to read it, but not judge it? Sorry, but that’s ridiculous. Then you seem to suggest that if you are not able to read it without judging then you do not “have an idea what is the teaching”. This is exactly what a cult will tell its followers.

Lizi1118, the more you write, the surer I am that Falun Dafa is a cult. If you really want to do the world a service, then keep writing!

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]7 ELEMENTS OF A CULTIC GROUP

1. A centralized form of leadership that rules with unquestioned authority

2. A body of convictions, beliefs, and practices set forth boldly as “the truth”

3. A compelling presentation of the group vision to prospects that is inviting and challenging

4. A series of manipulative socializing sessions to instill psychological dependence on the group

5. A definable process of group dynamics used to unethically control and manipulate members

6. A history of abuses of authority by group leaders freely using deception and fear tactics

7. A history of psychological and spiritual abuses of group members that destroy lives
    [/quote]
    Interesting list, because these describe pretty much every religion, including Christianity.

i don’t agree with you 100% there but a good point that was mentioned on the link i posted. clearly though there are faiths that generally help people and some that prove harmful. where is the line?

[quote]
I suggest those who want to read “Zhuan Falun”, please donot read with a concept that you want to judge if this sentence or paragraph makes sense to you, just read from the beginning to the end, then you have an idea what is the teaching.[/quote]

I am a voracious reader, and every book I read I can & do judge on its merits, as I see them. That’s what being a responsible human is, exercising one’s judgement & common sense. And in “Zhuan Falon”, I don’t really see much “teaching” at all. More like a vapid & vulgar lecture in some stale-smelling section of a half-empty strip mall.

I have not “already known” much about Falon Gong, before The Hu Heckler. I knew that they had been repressed in China, much like many other groups, both political & religious. I thought, and I still think, that that is a bad thing. However, since reading more Falun Gong Literature & seeing the antics & ravings of supporters of same, I have changed my prior position that FG was relatively benign. I now think that practitioners of a suckfish practice such as FG would serve society & people better if they stop trying to convert the unconverted. I’m all for individuals professing adherence to whatever they may desire, but I don’t really want to hear much of their sheer propaganda.

[quote]
Even if you donot believe in it, you should not libel or slander, that is not good for yourself;[/quote]
There you go again, threatening the unbelievers . FG & Wahhabism seem to have a lot in common.

[quote]
you have known the practice is good, just because you donot accept it, then you slander…and what can you get by slandering a righteous practice? And what will you lose if 100 million practitiners are right?[/quote]

I will not lose a damn thing. “Straight to Hell, Boys!”

Dear Liz: I think the promotion of FG (that’s what your posts are in aid of right, disseminating FG) will no doubt ensnare a few gullible and self-seeking people. It will also, amongst the thinking intelligentsia across the political spectrum, lead to a scareful examination of FGs literature.

Many folks in this forum have professed how FG has actually alienated them. In other words, turned them away from their former position of considerate neutrality.

Hallelujah! The Veil Of Ignorance Has Been Lifted! Blessed Are The Precocious Ones Who, By Their Own Very Sorry Example, Lead Us Not Into Folly!

:grandpa:

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]I have not “already known” much about Falon Gong, before The Hu Heckler. I knew that they had been repressed in China, much like many other groups, both political & religious. I thought, and I still think, that that is a bad thing. However, since reading more Falun Gong Literature & seeing the antics & ravings of supporters of same, I have changed my prior position that FG was relatively benign. [/quote]I’m with you on this. I even did the qigong exercises for a few weeks before I read Zhuan Falun. It seemed like a benign meditation school originally, but after reading ZFL it became abundantly clear that there’s some serious wackiness going on.

Lizi - here’s a hint. If you don’t want people talking smack about FLG and “libelling” it, don’t recommend they read Zhuan Falun. That book should be reserved until after drinking the Kool Aid. It is to FLG what the story of Xenu is to Scientology.

[quote]And what will you lose if 100 million practitiners are right?[/quote]And what will you lose if those “100 million” (pfft) practitioners are wrong?