Family Camping Trip/rained OUT...how about ice skating?

I was talking to Igorveni the other night and the topic of camping came up. The weather is about right. How about it?

Kids. Wives or Hubbies. Camping.

I am partial to the big campsite next to Fulong Beach, but am up for other suggestions.

I was thinking the weekend of 22cd-23rd.

Any takers?

jdseeksthewild

Well, obviously we are in, the Fulong camping site could be good.
How is the SanXia one?

Do you know of the fccc.org.tw Formosa Campingand Caravaning Club?

I saw the address advertised in a magazine recently as the “Forumosa” Camping and Caravaning Club. :laughing:

[quote=“igorveni”]Well, obviously we are in, the Fulong camping site could be good.
How is the SanXia one?[/quote]

I still have to call them. I fear the pool will be tarped up. And the ocean is always more fun! :slight_smile:

bump

any takers?

That sounds great. I’m sure my daughter would love it; I’ll see about the wife.

What do you mean by campground?

Are there spaces for pitching tents? Is that what you’ll be doing? Underneath the tent would it be mostly grass, sand, gravel? (I’ve slept on rocks before; just curious.)

Do they have barbecue grills? Picnic tables? Restrooms?

Would you bring a large cooler of food/drinks? And a butane stove or something comparable?

I assume it’s very close to the beach?

I’m also assuming every space will be taken and there will be lots of loud music, screaming kids and adults, and motorized vehicles cruising through the campground?

Just curious – as I said, I’m interested in teh idea.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]That sounds great. I’m sure my daughter would love it; I’ll see about the wife.

What do you mean by campground?

Are there spaces for pitching tents? Is that what you’ll be doing? Underneath the tent would it be mostly grass, sand, gravel? (I’ve slept on rocks before; just curious.)

Do they have barbecue grills? Picnic tables? Restrooms?

Would you bring a large cooler of food/drinks? And a butane stove or something comparable?

I assume it’s very close to the beach?

I’m also assuming every space will be taken and there will be lots of loud music, screaming kids and adults, and motorized vehicles cruising through the campground?

Just curious – as I said, I’m interested in teh idea.[/quote]

Tents can be set up on raised cement blocks.

No firepits as I recall, but BYO gas grills will work. Picnic tables, yes. Showers, yes. Beach is very close by. I have a big cooler, and Fulong beach and a small town is 5 minutes away if more supplies are necessary.

I don’t know about the crowdedness of the place.Wasn’t too bad when I was there at the height of summer camping though. LOTS of space for the chitlins to run around for sure.

Hope you can make it! Tell the wife, my wife is going, so it can’t be all that rough! lol

It’s at Longmen campground BTW

I’m a strong “maybe”. See how the thing shapes up.

Longmen for sure, not Sanxia?

[quote=“seeker4”]I’m a strong “maybe”. See how the thing shapes up.

Longmen for sure, not Sanxia?[/quote]

just called the san xia place:

good news and bad.

They are open, still have hot showers, take trained dogs and the pool is open.

Bad: they are expecting to be very busy this weekend.

Maybe we can do this place again in a couple of weeks.

I’m thinking Longmen.

However, should we want to do a larger Forumosan sponsored thing in san xia, this would be a great place for sitting and relaxing, not camping, but “camping.”

Bump:

what’s the word folks? I have class on Sat morning, off at noon, can be in Longmen about 2-3PM, given a stop for eats.

To be perfectly frank (I know I shouldn’t be, but I don’t give a fuck), this weekend is my wife’s period (or so she says) so she’s not up for the adventure. Sorry. I hope to make it some other time.

But I’ve got a question: when you say one can pitch a tent on raised cement blocks, does that mean what it sounds like or is it a cement block periphery around a dirt/sand/grass pad? Are the cement blocks underneath the tent? Couldn’t they have come up with something better?

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]

But I’ve got a question: when you say one can pitch a tent on raised cement blocks, does that mean what it sounds like or is it a cement block periphery around a dirt/sand/grass pad? Are the cement blocks underneath the tent? Couldn’t they have come up with something better?[/quote]

As I recall, it’s those round holed cement blocks, filled with dirt, some growing grass. I would imagine it’s done that way so that any rain will quickly drain through and leave a drier pitch site.

Sorry to hear that you can’t make it.

Sorry, not able to make it either. Want to make one of these group camping trips this fall. Maybe the group will go back to that mountain location from last spring.

Igor…looks like rain bud. :s

I know, that sucks. We’ll probably have to take a rain check on that trip.
Let’s see how next week end will look like.
I am going ice skateting tonight with Sean, you wanna join us with Michael? We are going at the new Sport Arena in Taipei.

I am going ice skateting tonight with Sean, you wanna join us with Michael? We are going at the new Sport Arena in Taipei.[/quote]

Where is it? What time? Prices for rentals?

Sounds like fun. :slight_smile:

I am going ice skateting tonight with Sean, you wanna join us with Michael? We are going at the new Sport Arena in Taipei.[/quote]

Where is it? What time? Prices for rentals?

Sounds like fun. :slight_smile:[/quote]
Corner of Nanking East/DongHua North.
around 6:00pm Tonight.

Here are the prices for ice skating at the new Taipei Sport Arena:
2 Hours session: 180NT (Adult/Children same price)
Equipement renting:
Helmet: 50NT
Knees/elbows protective gears: 40NT
Skate: 80NT (size available from US 1 to US 12)

Tel: 2570-1136
Parking is available.

Skating on Sunday afternoon might be fun! :slight_smile: Vanessa and I will most likely be there… :rainbow:

I just got back from the place and my son had a complete blast.
There were only 4 people on the ring, so we had space.
We are going back Sunday. So will see you there.
John will you come witrh Patrick? Sean was disapointed you guys couldn’t make it.