Famous Last Words

Famous last words
If you could choose them now, what might they be?

I would say something like “Tell them I did it for them”.
But then what if you didn’t die then, and you just had a runny nose and you asked for a hanky, then your last words would be “Can I borrow a hanky please?” Would you then have to say your original last words again ?

Don’t worry, they have a red light.

Personally, I like Walt Whitman’s (see below). I’m loathe to choose my own so early in the game for fear I may not see through the second half.

“Can you make that To Go?”

Sorry, what’s this button for again?

Or,

I told you I was sick.

Please, Nurse Huang, you lovely little coquette, close the door and help me to die with a smile on my face.

Omni, Huang is no longer in the nursing business, plus, he’s now living in Hong Kong, so you might out of luck there. He’s a sound bloke, but even he would probably agree that he’s no “lovely coquette” unless the lighting is extremely favourable.
Still, I suppose you’d be on your deathbed anyway, so you wouldn’t really be too bothered about asking for a reaming from a hairy Australian. :wink:

Where’s my favorite,

“18 whiskeys. I think that’s the record.”

I want my tombstone to read, “Pardon me for not getting up”.

“Why, they couldn’t hit an elephant at this dist–” – Gen. John Sedgewick

I’ve always liked Robert Louis Stevenson’s inscription. Or John Keats’.
findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg … 0Stevenson
findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg … hn%20Keats

And his answer will be: “No way, I am busy drinking at “China Beach”(In silvermine Bay), so be off with yer mate”.

As long as I don’t have this enscription:

Drag with your mouse for a clue:

[color=#F0F0F0]Read down the side[/color]<

Here’s an interesting list of last words:
planecrashinfo.com/lastwords.htm

“I’m getting better!”

You see! I told you I’d live to see my thousandth birthday!

I bet you I can.

95 years old and I’m still a sex machine!

“Oh god I think I’m gonna come!”

(The best way to go if you’re gonna go at all. It would probably suck for your partner, though. Unless she was into really kinky stuff.)

Which is probably how you’d describe the protagonists in Ai No Corrida (“The Realm of the Senses”) by Nagisa Oshima. Have you ever seen that film? Is that the kind of thing you have in mind? I suppose it wouldn’t really matter to you if, as in the film, she cut off a part of you to carry away as a memento of that final mega-orgasmic embrace.