Famous People That Drank A Lot of Coffee

Voltaire - 40-50 cups a day
Teddy Roosevelt - 1 gallon/3.8 liter a day

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/famous-coffee-drinkers_n_5358495

I wonder how strong the coffee they drank was?

1 Like

Me :pensive:I confess to 20 cups a day . It’s my 420 … ( new word of the day )oops I missed the famous … I keep forgetting​:pensive:

This may help explain the erratic typing.

2 Likes

你自己,這種I’m on my iPhone struggling … apologies. I hope that clarifies everything

I average 4-5 cups per day.

How the hell does anyone drink 40-50 cups of anything without spending half the day going to the toilet? In between brewing coffee and peeing he must have had about 40 minutes a day for writing.

Perhaps he wrote in the Toilet. I can manage very long periods without a pee. Unless Pints are involved, in which case I crack after a couple .

1 Like

Just one for me, but it’s extra large and core meltdown strength.

“Why, this Satan’s drink is so delicious it would be a pity to let the infidels have exclusive use of it. We shall fool Satan by baptizing it and making it a truly Christian beverage.” –Pope Clement VIII, papacy from 1592-1605

I love coffee but not 40 cups

4 cups. Not good for the heart. I wonder how these people survived.

2-3 cups per day max. That’s after cutting back!

Coffee: Because Cocaine is illegal

3 Likes

If I drink more than 2 cups a day I get really anxious and irritable. 1 or 2 for me.

We have never noticed :wink: :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m actually much more mellow than I was a decade ago when I had an adderall prescription. Stuff is very habit forming though, so I figured coffee is enough to overcome my ADD. Plus it’s illegal here, I guess.

Adderall is best avoided if you can help it, anyway. Pretty awful for its side effects. I know too many people who were prescribed it, but whose ADD really wasn’t bad enough to benefit from it. All but the most severe cases seem largely better off without it.

1 Like

In my case the “cure” was worse than the condition it was treating. I won’t go into specifics, but I’m glad I’m off it and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

Isn’t Adderol just basically legal meth?