Famous songs people think are from someone else

I never heard Kashmir until the Chinese girl skater fell at the olympics and the silver medal
became
Good as gold
She skated to Kashmir

The zeppelin song I for some reason never liked was Black Dog

Black Dog (Remaster) - YouTube

1 Like

Of course not – he heard it and then just wrote down what he heard (duh).
:grapes: :phone: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Btw, I’ve never understood the “with a magazine” part. :nsfw: Is it supposed to mean she was reading a magazine at the time, or is it supposed to mean… she was using a magazine at the time? Or for that matter, was it not even the kind of magazine that gets printed on paper? And the film sheds no light on this iirc.

1 Like

He heard it through the Grapevine

Huge in the eighties.

But the original Hall & Oats version is so much better. Check out Daryl Hall’s hairdo.

2 Likes

I so thought that was Air Supply.

1 Like

I thought I Shot the Sheriff was a Clapton original

Nope it was a Bob Marley song

3 Likes

I Will Always Love You is by Dolly Parton, not Whitney Houston!

2 Likes

I would have pointed that out if @gaboman hadn’t already. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Perhaps the funniest thing about it is the way it makes such a hasty appearance in The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, like an afterthought – “oh, just a little mini-song to give the film more Dolly flavor, nothing special”.

1 Like

“I Heard It Through the Grapevine” is a song written by Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong for Motown Records in 1966. The first recording of the song to be released was produced by Whitfield for Gladys Knight & the Pips and released as a single in September 1967; it went to number two in the Billboard chart.

The Miracles first recorded the song on August 16, 1966[1] and included their version on their 1968 album, Special Occasion. The Marvin Gaye version was placed on his 1968 album In the Groove, where it gained the attention of radio disc jockeys…In addition to being released several times by Motown artists, the song has been recorded by a range of musicians including Creedence Clearwater Revival, who made an eleven-minute interpretation for their 1970 album, Cosmo’s Factory.

2 Likes

Favorite CCR mix

1 Like

Poor Bobby McFerrin

Or maybe rich? I hope so

Bobby Mc Who?

Most people think Hippy Hippy Shake was originally sung by The Beatles:

Although British people of a certain age are likely to think it was originally sung by the Swinging Blue Jeans, a popular 1960s Merseybeat band who predated The Beatles:

However, it actually comes from Chan Romero, an obscure 1950s American rock & roll artist who never released a studio album:

2 Likes

Don’t worry about it

OK, but I’m not happy about it either.

1 Like

I always thought Hey Joe was a Jimi Hendrix original but it was done by earlier bands like “The Byrds”, “The Leaves”, “Love” etc. (Jimi did play it slower and with incredible guitar solo)

Hey Joe - Love

Hey Joe - The Jimi Hendrix Experience

1 Like