Fantasy premier league

Where’s that damn can o’ ass whoopin icon… On the other hand, within 3 weeks I can pretty much guarantee I’ll be in 9th place :wink: My deal with Satan only lasts 2 weeks.

That’s assuming we can get three more people to join up!

That’s assuming we can get three more people to join up![/quote]
Just my point, amigo, just my point

That’s assuming we can get three more people to join up![/quote]
Just my point, amigo, just my point[/quote]
Well, Dougster joined today. :thumbsup: :bravo:

Welcome, Dougster. Let’s hope we can get a few more punters.

cheers bismarck

Happy to have you onboard, mate. Good luck with the picks this week.

2010 Barclays English Premier League - Round 3

Blackburn 1 - 2 Arsenal
Blackpool 2 - 2 Fulham
Chelsea 2 - 0 Stoke
Tottenham 0 - 1 Wigan
Wolverhampton 1 - 1 Newcastle
Man Utd 3 - 0 West Ham
Bolton 2 - 2 Birmingham
Sunderland 1 - 0 Man City
Liverpool 1 - 0 West Brom
Aston Villa 1 - 0 Everton

Dougster had a good run in his first round of play. :thumbsup: Jimipresley still leads the pack with Matchstick and Two Tongues following closely in 2nd and 3rd position. Matchstick gains the coveted Yellow Cap. :bravo:

Still 35 rounds to go, so not too late to join by a long margin. All players are welcome![quote=“bismarck”]For those who have never played before, here are the directions.

Go to Superbru and register. Once registered you get an automatic pool. Thereafter you can create or join up to five pools in total. To join a pool you need a pool code. The pool code for the Premier League Forumosa Football Club pool is:
pithtrap

And as easy as that, Bob’s your uncle![/quote]

jp really pulled a nostradamus on us this week (and I’ve not referring to having his penis pickled and stored in the kremlin)

congrats, man, on your crystal ball(s)

[edit] wait I might be thinking of rasputin - which was the one who was shot stabbed and drowned and had the 14" johnson?

[quote=“TwoTongues”]jp really pulled a nostradamus on us this week (and I’ve not referring to having his penis pickled and stored in the kremlin)

congrats, man, on your crystal ball(s)[/quote]
I guess that makes me the Anti-Nostradamus (at least with football picks)! :fume:

I really suck with football picks.

Just in case anyone hasn’t logged their picks yet, I’m gonna be generous and let you in on a hot tip: word is Rooney’s leg just fell right off in a freak accident with a Norwegian antelope and a weed whacker, just popped right off, so you might wanna take that into account on your predictions. Don’t tell no one, keep it on the down low, the QT.

[quote=“TwoTongues”]Just in case anyone hasn’t logged their picks yet, I’m gonna be generous and let you in on a hot tip: word is Rooney’s leg just fell right off in a freak accident with a Norwegian antelope and a weed whacker, just popped right off, so you might wanna take that into account on your predictions. Don’t tell no one, keep it on the down low, the QT.

[/quote]
Who’s the ugly f***er in red next to the hobbit in blue?

Anyway, I’m feeling lucky this week!

2010/2011 English Premier League Round Four

Everton 3 - 3 Man Utd :fume:
Man City 1 - 1 Blackburn :fume:
Newcastle 0 - 2 Blackpool
West Brom 1 - 1 Tottenham :fume:
West Ham 1 - 3 Chelsea
Fulham 2 - 1 Wolverhampton
Arsenal 4 - 1 Bolton
Wigan 1 - 1 Sunderland :fume:
Birmingham 0 - 0 Liverpool :fume:
Stoke 2 - 1 Aston Villa

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!! :fume: :fume: :fume: I hardly ever pick draws, and with five draws out of ten games (4 out of 8 on Superbru) I would’ve been better off had I picked all the games as draws! Ofcourse, that strategy doesn’t always work, as I saw in the World Cup.
sigh
Anyway… Jimipresley wins the Yellow Cap for the round and entrenches himself further at no.1 on the Forumosa Log. :bravo: Matchstick and TwoTongues are in second and third and need a good weekend’s picks to supplant him. I sucked with 2.5 points (all draws would’ve given me at least four points, possibly more!!! :wall: ) which sees me languishing in lowly 6th position. :frowning:

A friendly reminder that the Champions League is kicking off tomorrow. If anyone wishes to join the Forumosa Pool on Superbru, the pool code is:
codspiny

So far, we only have four punters, jimi, my brother, myself and Matchstick. As you can see from the EPL picks, you’ll be beating me at least, and shouldn’t have any fears of ending at the bottom of the table… :whistle:

It’s a long season man. My suggestion: bring some of the good stuff over to JP’s a few hours before he does his picks one week, we’ll all chip in to pay the cost. On the other hand, he’s probably already sauced when he makes his picks, so if Plan A doesn’t work, Plan B is to Wolfman him in a cell and force him to make his picks sober. I’m not saying I have a cell available in the dungeon below my apartment block, but this is Da Yuan, and concrete underground cells are pretty much a standard feature for Morlock housing.

I’m so crap with the football picks nothing is going to help me! :frowning:
For the opening round of the Champions League I made the majority of my picks draws…hedging my bets sort of thing. However, that will probably backfire and there will be no draws, then next week when I pick only winners most will be draws and the few winners will be the opposing teams to my picks! :fume:

please may I join your fantasy football league? I’ve tried the pin but it doesn’t seem to work.

Did you register on Superbru first and for the EPL?

Anyway…send me a private message with your first name, last name (and username) that you used to register on Superbru, and your e-mail address (that you used to register on Superbru) and then I’ll just send you an invite. :thumbsup:

2010/2011 English Premier League - Round Six

Man City 1 - 0 Chelsea
Blackpool 1 - 2 Blackburn
Arsenal 2 - 3 West Brom
Fulham 0 - 0 Everton
Liverpool 2 - 2 Sunderland
West Ham 1 - 0 Tottenham
Birmingham 0 - 0 Wigan
Bolton 2 - 2 Man Utd
Wolverhampton 1 - 2 Aston Villa
Newcastle 1 - 2 Stoke

A disastrous weekend of four draws and upsets saw a pretty dismal round for our Football Club. All, except Matchstick. Matchstick had a massive weekend, with an overall haul of 9.3 points (closest rivals only managed 2.5 points) to snatch the Yellow Cap and pass jimipresley to grab number one spot on the log. TwoTongues is challenging hard in third position.

Fixtures for Round Seven:
Wigan v Wolverhampton The DW Stadium
Stoke v Blackburn Britannia Stadium
Liverpool v Blackpool Anfield
West Brom v Bolton The Hawthorns
Sunderland v Man Utd Stadium of Light
Tottenham v Aston Villa White Hart Lane
West Ham v Fulham Upton Park
Birmingham v Everton St Andrews Stadium
Man City v Newcastle City of Manchester Stadium
Liverpool v Blackpool Anfield
Chelsea v Arsenal Stamford Bridge

Any advice, lads? :smiley:

2010/2011 English Premier League - Round Seven

Wigan 2 - 0 Wolverhampton
Birmingham 0 - 2 Everton
West Ham 1 - 1 Fulham
Sunderland 0 - 0 Man Utd - :astonished: WTF Man U???
Tottenham 2 - 1 Aston Villa
West Brom 1 - 1 Bolton
Stoke 1 - 0 Blackburn
Man City 2 - 1 Newcastle - :cry:
Liverpool 1 - 2 Blackpool - :astonished: Double WTF Liverpool??? :astonished:
Chelsea 2 - 0 Arsenal

Well the most any of us (four of us) got right was 3 out of 7 results, so it came down to accuracy in those three results. Dougster had a slight advantage (5.8 points) over TwoTongues (5.3) to take the Yellow Cap for round seven. Otherwise, Matchstick remains ahead of jimi at number one, with jimi at two followed by TwoTongues in third spot. Football picks are no bloody joke, what with weird results mixed in with damned draws…
Two draws out of the seven games on Superbru (3 out of 10 in total for the weekend) really throughs a spanner in the works as it’s a bugger to try and figure out who will draw.

Ah well. I hope we have better luck next weekend (this weekend off), so here are the fixtures for the next round:
Bolton v Stoke Reebok Stadium
Arsenal v Birmingham Emirates Stadium
Fulham v Tottenham Craven Cottage
Man Utd v West Brom Old Trafford
Wolverhampton v West Ham Molineux Stadium
Newcastle v Wigan St James’ Park
Aston Villa v Chelsea Villa Park
Everton v Liverpool Goodison Park
Blackpool v Man City Bloomfield Road

Some amateur thoughts (punters beware, my picks are shite, so go with the opposite to be sure of a great haul)…
Surely Bolton to beat Stoke, yeah? 2-1?
Arsenal 2-0 or more?
Fulham to draw with Tottenham?
I would say Man U, but after the last round they might just draw or lose to W. Brom… :idunno:
Westham 1-0 over Wolverhampton?
I’m a Newcastle fan, so I’ll go with them…
Surely Chelsea by 2-0 or more, right?
Everton, seeing as Liverpool has been so crappola. :2cents:
Man City to win or maybe a draw?
C’mon, help a straggler out! I’m behind my wife, for crying out loud, and she doesn’t even know which team is which. She just picks based on which jersey looks “prettier” or something. :fume:

[quote=“bismarck”]Some amateur thoughts (punters beware, my picks are shite, so go with the opposite to be sure of a great haul)…
Surely Bolton to beat Stoke, yeah? 2-1?
Arsenal 2-0 or more?
Fulham to draw with Tottenham?
I would say Man U, but after the last round they might just draw or lose to W. Brom… :idunno:
Westham 1-0 over Wolverhampton?
I’m a Newcastle fan, so I’ll go with them…
Surely Chelsea by 2-0 or more, right?
Everton, seeing as Liverpool has been so crappola. :2cents:
Man City to win or maybe a draw?
C’mon, help a straggler out! I’m behind my wife, for crying out loud, and she doesn’t even know which team is which. She just picks based on which jersey looks “prettier” or something. :fume:[/quote]

Let me give you a few pointers. Disregard what I say, because I’m probably wrong.

1. Bolton/Stoke: both very physical teams with not a whole lot of talent. I’d go for a 0-0 draw here, or either team to edge it 1-0. Stoke have had some impressive results thus far. Beating Newcastle at St James’ Park was one. They were not horribly outplayed by Chelsea (losing 2-0 at Stamford Bridge) and they beat Fulham, Aston Villa and Blackburn at home this season.
    Bolton have only managed draws at home so far.

2. Arsenal/Birmingham: The Gunners have had impressive scores against mediocre opponents in the Champion’s League. But have looked tentative at times in the BPL, and are plagued by injuries. Birmingham have secured a few draws and only one home win so far. They have a great keeper in Ben Foster, but I don’t see him holding the fort down single-handedly. Arsenal’s depth will carry them through, although they may be a little tired after the Europe stuff. I don’t see this as being too exciting. Arsenal will eke out a drab victory. 1-0 or 2-0.

3. Fulham/Tottenham: Fulham are really hard at home and Tottenham have been teetering. I’m inclined towards a 1-1 draw, but either side could snatch it.

4. ManUre/ West Brom: WBA have had a dream start to the season, but I can’t see them taking a point away from Old Trafford. Especially after ManUre’s humiliating draw with the Mackems last week. 3-0 MU.

5. WHam/Wolves: Two big relegation candidates languishing at the bottom of the table. Both teams will see this as one of their easier fixtures. Could go either way, but I’m going to pick the home side 2-1.

6. Newcastle/Wigan: I can’t see Wigan not going down this season. Will require an Herculian effort from another physical, but untalented team. I fancy the Magpies to take this 2-0.

7. Aston Villa/Chelsea: A tired and injury-wracked Chelsea will take this by one or two. They just have too much depth.

8. Everton/Liverpool: This is a BIG derby match. Liverpool have been utterly dismal so far. They have nothing left to loose anymore, it seems. Hatred of the owners, questions hanging over Hodgeson’s appointment, egos and in-fighting. Everton haven’t been much better, either, though. The Toffees may snatch this at Goodison, but I’m going to go for a 1-1 draw.

9. Blackpool/Man City: Blackpool have been playing out of their socks, and had some good results, but I can’t see them keeping it up. City are definite contenders for the Premiership, and I’m backing a 0-1 or 1-2 win for them.

10. Blackburn/Sunderland: Both teams are a bit iffy of late, but I’ll go for a Mackem win, considering how buoyed they must be after recent draws with Manure and Liverpool. Sunderland 0-1.

I’m probably totally wrong, so don’t kick me when I’m drunk just because you listened to my advice! :wink:

Cheers jimipresley for the tips, hope they are more reliable than Lawro’s.