Farewell to a Good Friend

My deepest condolences, Stray Dog.

Your rememberance of Foxie was very touching.

My thoughts are with you during this time.

Man, I’m not even a dog person and that was still beautiful. Condolences bro.

Fox was a great joy, not to mention extremely smart, incredibly athletic and amusingly playful. We made friends pretty easy thanks to my own dog (who often enjoyed some friendly sparring sessions with her) and the occasional scraps I would feed her. At times you

At least now you can look forward to dying. There’ll be someone waiting to take you for walks when you get to the great playground in the sky. I feel your pain.

Sorry to hear that Stray Dog. It must be hard to lose a family member. I consider my dog as a son, and I know that I would mourn him like a lost son if he were gone. Your story nearly brought me to tears. If it weren’t for me being at the office I think I would have cried like a baby. Best wishes man.

That was beautiful, Stray Dog. I’m sorry for your loss. I’ve seen how she brought out the best in you.

All the best to your family.

Take care of you, you.

Wow SD, if you’d have pulled on the heartstrings any harder, I’d be staring at it right now!

Amazing how dogs (any animals, but especially dogs!) become full-fledged members of the family. Clearly, he couldn’t have picked a better family to join. What you did for that little fella was truly wonderful…sadly, a lot of babies don’t get anywhere near that much attention. You couldn’t have done any more and right now your little buddy is upstairs wagging his tail and saying thanks! Way to go :notworthy: :notworthy:

A beautiful tribute to Foxie. She was a good companion. Take care of yourself.

Foxie was fortunate to have found you, and you can be happy (yes, happy) that you gave her some very wonderful twilight years…

You did extremely well by Foxie, and she undoubtedly loved you for the same.

I end up in tears every time I read it. Damn you, Stray Dog!!! :fume: :wink: Hang in there, buddy.

Thanks again for all the kind words, everyone. Very sorry to hear about your grandmother, Anisll. Can you ask her to make sure Foxie gets walked three times a day for me? :wink:

I was posting just as a celebration of the life of a man’s best friend, but, yes, you’ve all helped me feel a lot better, so I guess I needed that too.

Thanks again, and sorry if it was so sad - I do realise that she was luckier than most dogs and that her dying after such an extended - and active - period of what should have been a severely debilitating illness (or two) is really something to be thankful for. And I am thankful.

Once again, I very much appreciate the words. I’ll be printing this thread out, sealing it in a plastic bag, and burying it with Foxie, along with her bed and other favourite things.

All the best,

Sean

Sean, just want to add this, although slightly off topic: reading your original post and seeing the pictures you posted with it, I realized again that you are an incredibly gifted writer and photographer. I believe if anybody could create a “picture book” about Taiwan’s “urban (stray) wildlife” that could have an impact, it’s you. Have you thought about something like this?

Sean, my deepest sympathies go out to you and the rest of your “family” for your loss. Not only was she a great dog, but you’re also an amazing human being for the work you do, and all of the time, effort, and money you put into helping stray animals in Taiwan. I have to say that you are one of the most compassionate people I’ve met in my life and I couldn’t respect anyone more for what you have done and what you continue to do. Big hugs from me, Kitty, and Shadow!!!

BTW, I think that book idea is a good one.

That was a moving obituary. After reading it, my wife and I appreciate our boy even more and are glad we adopted him. I hope the rest of your pack is doing ok. I remember when my dog died years ago, our two cats were sad for a few weeks and didn’t eat. And they hated that dog.

Hi, Xpet.

Thank you! I have thought about something like that, and I probably will, but the biggest obstacle right now is time.

We’re rearranging the structure of AnimalsTaiwan to give me more time for admin stuff (which I’m so far behind on), and this could be one of the admin tasks that I will then be free to do.

Thanks for the suggestion, and I’m glad you like what I do.

See you at the weekend (with those dog biscuits!).

Sean

Jive Turkey,

It’s also only my cat that seems more affected. The other two dogs just seem sensitive to my mood, but the cat hasn’t come home (she sits outside) nor eaten, and she just isn’t herself.

Thanks for the words.

Sean

[quote=“Stray Dog”]See you at the weekend (with those dog biscuits!).

Sean[/quote]

… empty promises, I’ve heard it all before! :wink:

Come by Chocolate & Love on Saturday night, I’ll be playing there (@ around 10pm) with my band & we can exchange the merchandise … :beatnik:

Cool! I’m in. Thanks for the invite. :sunglasses:

I just want to add my condolences to the list. Foxie was a really nice dog (and you also know that I’m not really a dog person either).

Brian

[quote=“Stray Dog”]Very sorry to hear about your grandmother, Anisll. Can you ask her to make sure Foxie gets walked three times a day for me? :wink:
[/quote]

I will ask her this Sunday at her funeral. I am sure she and Foxie will enjoy the happiness eternally; a place without pain, tears and bills. :wink:

Keep moving on! :rainbow: