Fashion Forecast

Brown will be this year’s black for the end of fall this year and the first half of winter. Taiwan’s movers and shakers will be donning earth tones to create a hip, back to nature vibe. The weather may be cooling down and hemlines getting longer, but plunging necklines will be adding a little spice to the chill of Taiwan winter. For the next few months, the watchwords for energetic, young Taiwan hipsters are fun, fun, and fun!

You say what? :help:

bobepine

Are flares back in yet ?

So what will be this year’s brown then? :help:

This year’s brown will be down home, on the farm, good healthy fun. It’s overalls and checkered blouses with a piece of straw between your teeth. It’s wholesome and pure for fall!

“Hidy Hooo!..I’m in STYLE for the Holidays!”

Be sure and go to this shop in Danshui for all your [color=brown]brown[/color] fashion needs.

WTF has gotten into you? I’m amused. :laughing:

Tall leather boots are back IN but not with the heels like in 1999. Small eyes are back and the double eyelid operation is so 1993.

Nope, sorry. You just haven’t mastered the genre like Richardm has. :wink:

Yeah baby. I just got me some brown pinstripe flares. I be stylin’ this winter.

One word. Two:

TAI - KE

taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2005044438

Hmmmm… The newest stuff I have in my wardrobe is two years old…

Maybe I should go shopping with the SO sometime…

An Aussie girl (Fashion major) told me recently I look like a fashion remnant from the nineties… :astonished:

:help:

I notice a lot of women are wearing black hose this winter. It is becoming something of a fad. Not a full-blown fad, but I wouldn’t mind seeing more of it. The right stockings can not only protect your delicate gams from the ravages of the winter wind, but can give you the allure of a winter goddess as you move through the city this season. You can change your look very easily by picking the right coordinate wear.

Black pantyhose under a pair of short jeans show a playful spirit and an energetic mindset. You can get away with much shorter shorts than you could with totally nude legs. Add a pair of red shoes and you get a touch of danger in the mix. Perfect for the ketamine rush and flashing lights of the club scene.

Black stockings under calf-high black or brown high-heel boots can send the signal that she is in a serious mood and ready for business. That and a knee-length tartan skirt is perfect for the office.

Black pantyhose are best when totally opaque, but the sheer look can look good on a take-charge kind of lady. Either elegant dinner-wear or executive office clothing, you will be sure that no one will overlook you. You won’t want to be seen walking on the glass ceiling without them.

Don’t stick exclusively with black though, or you will miss the exciting possibilities of other daring colors. Think of burgundy, orange, or even turquoise. And remember, white isn’t just for nurses anymore… okay, on second thought, it is. And stay away from sparkles: it looks cheap.

Have fun girls, and stay warm.

Tights give you thrush.

Purple knee highs are quite the thing for the Taiwaneselle, this winter.

The risk of candidiasis (aka thrush) is reduced by properly engineered crotches, embodiments of which cost more and are the subject of several patents, e.g., US 5390376:

“A breathable garment having an inner panel in the crotch area made of an open knit material formed of hydrophobic fiber having a large surface area and longitudinally extending channels which transports or “wicks” moisture away from the body, thereby helping to keep intimate areas drier, cooler, and more comfortable.”

I’d be surprised if this IP has not been freely exploited in TW, thus enabling “IP freely” as a marketing slogan.

Dear Doctor Fashion. Please tell me more about tweed shorts. I’m not sure I like them.

Dear Doctor Fashion,
Should Irishstu look like this

or this

Tweed shorts are for dweeb dorks.
Now say that ten times.

Stu, you spelt ‘loosers’ wrong.