Here’s some Chinese to help you out next time you are at McDonald

Mmmm, their fried chicken is mighty good. :smiley:

Here’s some more Chinese for KFC
Kentucky Fried Chicken

bucket of chicken pieces 大桶炸雞 d

This could be a sticky for some people :smiley:

WHY IS THERE NO ORIGINAL RECIPE AT KFC’S IN TAIWAN? WHY, GOD, WHY!!!1111

sorry, had to vent. :slight_smile:

Flipper, the KFC near the Guting MRT station in Herping has regular/original, but you have to ask for it. Sometimes they have it ready and waiting in the back, but they will even make it for you if they don’t…you just need to wait.
Could it be the same at other locations?
I guess it’s just not popular here, and they would be stuck with loads of it.
Not that I eat KFC, or anything like that…this is just something I…er…heard…er…while I was using the KFC bathroom.
Yes, that’s it…

The real question is why doesn’t KFC have mashed potatoes and gravy. I could live on the KFC gravy…

You could die from the KFC mashed potatoes. . . .

But at least I would die happy![/quote]

Quite a while back, there was a recipe posted on the “Top Secret Recipes” website for cloning KFC gravy. That has been pulled now, but I have it written down. If yangdemei or anyone else is interested, I’d be glad to post the recipe for you.

Is it just me, or did KFC Taiwan somehow miss out on the eleven secret herbs and spices?
dude, what’s the point of going there!

Please do! :slight_smile:

Ask, and ye shall receive…

KFC Gravy

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 can of chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon MSG
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

First, make a “roux” by combining the oil with 1.5 tablespoons of flour in a medium saucepan over low heat. Heat the mixture, stirring often, for 20-30 minutes or until it is a dark chocolate colour. Remove from heat, add remaining ingredients and stir (I would add the flour slowly so it doesn’t make lumps in the gravy). Return saucepan to stove, turn up to medium and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thick (15 minutes or more).

I’m glad I got this written down before the recipe was pulled!!

Enjoy!

[quote=“Taoist”]Ask, and ye shall receive…

KFC Gravy

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 can of chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon MSG
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

First, make a “roux” by combining the oil with 1.5 tablespoons of flour in a medium saucepan over low heat. Heat the mixture, stirring often, for 20-30 minutes or until it is a dark chocolate colour. Remove from heat, add remaining ingredients and stir (I would add the flour slowly so it doesn’t make lumps in the gravy). Return saucepan to stove, turn up to medium and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thick (15 minutes or more).

I’m glad I got this written down before the recipe was pulled!!

Enjoy![/quote]

Add some water, meat, veggies and file’ powder, and you have a gumbo!

Anyone can help me with the Chinese for the McDonald’s double hamburger for TWD35? The McDonald’s Taiwan website is useless for this kind of thing.

雙層漢堡

Hanyu Pinyin: shuang1 ceng2 han4 bao3

(sorry, I don’t know how to make the tones like Almas John does)

I don’t know why they don’t have mashed potatoes at the KFC in Taiwan. In the mainland they don’t have mashed potatoes at KFC either. Their its because they couldn’t find a local supplier that could meet their, er, em, standards. They tried to import the instant powder they use, however, the mainland authorities decided that it had too much food bleach in it ( :unamused: ), they do however have mashed potatoes at the KFCs in Hong Kong. Just so you know.