Fastest/Cheapest way to get to CKS Airport from Taipei City?

Hi,

Although this question has probably been answered somewhere, I searched and couldn’t find it.

I have to get to the CKS/Taooyuan International Airport today and I’d rather not take a taxi. Does anybody know a better way?

I presume there are buses. Where can I catch a bus to the airport? I’m at Guting MRT, so if you know of a place to catch a bus to the airport from near here, it would be VERY appreciated, as would any other suggestions.

Thanks so much!

Take the MRT to the Main Station and find the Kuo Kuang (Guoguang) bus terminal to the West of it. The buses leave every 15 minutes or so and it costs somewhere around 120 to 130 NTD.

An alternative is to take the High Speed Rail to Taoyuan and then the U-bus to the airport.

It’s more expensive, but for those like me who hate to be stuck in rush hour on a bus, it’s a more pleasant way to travel. Or if you’d like to experience the HSR.

HSR is 160nt. Takes 20-25 mins and trains leave every hour, 15 minutes after the hour from the Main station.
U-bus is 20nt. Takes about 15 mins, it’s always half empty and leaves often, right in front of the Taoyuan HSR station.

Sound advise there Tash, I’ll definitely do this on my next trip.

However, a quicker and cheaper option is to march into the Foreign Affairs copshop and declare yourself an overstayer. Straight to the airport and deported free of charge.

HG

You didn’t add the 1 hour it takes to get your ticket.

HSR?
You can get it from the machine. I took the train twice and both times it didn’t take me more than a couple of minutes to buy the ticket.

Perhaps you mean buying in advance or something? I wouldn’t know about that.

I would warn anyone travelling at peak hour to get your tickets in advance.

HSR?
You can get it from the machine. I took the train twice and both times it didn’t take me more than a couple of minutes to buy the ticket.

Perhaps you mean buying in advance or something? I wouldn’t know about that.[/quote]You can buy them in advance from the machines too. Tycoon’s right about advance booking for peak times though. Many weekend HSR trains are fully booked these days.