Fastest Way to get Gold Card from Taipei when I'm in the US

Hi, I’m excited to have been approved for the Gold card. However, I selected to collect it in Taipei thinking it would be faster. I didn’t realize that I need it in order to apply for spouse and dependents visas. What is the fastest way for me to get the card in the US and any ideas on how long?

1. I see an option to re issue the card. Is that the easiest?
  2. Can I give someone the right to pick up my card and DHL/Fedex it to me overnight?
  3. Or is there another option?

Thank you.

1 Like

Yes, power of attorney. It may not be the fastest way.

I would say so.

The email seemed to say it would take at least 21 working days (1 month) to receive it at an ROC overseas mission, though. For various reasons, I was really hoping to move before the end of the year.

It takes up to 14 days to print an ARC normally, so 21 days to ship it to an overseas post seems plausible.

In case anyone is interested, TECO confirmed that I only needed the entry authorization to apply for my spouse and kids’ resident visas. Apparently this situation is uncommon enough that they had to really look it up.

Do you need they verify your marriage certs and kids birth certs before you apply for visas for them OR just give them the original certs?
It takes 20 working days for them to verify thoese in Canada, which is killing…

Yes, I got them authenticated. For us, it was all the same office and authentication and the dependent visas took a week altogether.