Fatal accident video <updated version of video>

This video took place in Mexico…they were shooting a comercial for some stripers. The car that comes into play is driven by some rich guy who had been drinking and was talking on his cell phone.

<EDIT: I found a better version of the video with sound and commentary in spanish at the end…uhh…can anyone speak spanish?>

Click here to see Video

After watching the video you can read an article about it here:

tv.yahoo.com/news/va/20050505/111535218500.html

Ouch…that sucks.
Just waiting for the obligatory ‘Taiwan drivers’ comment.
I admit that was the 1st thing that came to my mind.

Did the driver die in the crash or did they pull him out of his car and kill him?

Supposedly he paid the cops 30,000 U.S? and they let him go. Gotta love third world countries.

That is an absolutely horrifying video. :frowning:

This is why I check my rearview mirror constantly…and I’m in a car.

Iv’e been hit this way in Taiwan…But in a weird quirk of fate I flew up and landed right back on the bike as it slid down the road. Only injury was burned hands from landing on the engine…

That video sucks…Mordeth you are a ghoul.

Looking forward to the Apple Daily on Monday to see the gory car crashes due to the Weekend Legion of Drunk Drivers.

Usually a few good complicated knifing incidents too. I like the little diagrams for those. I predict there will be a story about a drunk driver who crashes into the ambulance carrying the mainland prostitute he just knifed in a KTV in Tainan, killing everyone. And knocking down a tree, or possibly a lampost. The knife involved will be seven foot long.

[quote=“21p”]Looking forward to the Apple Daily on Monday to see the gory car crashes due to the Weekend Legion of Drunk Drivers.

Usually a few good complicated knifing incidents too. I like the little diagrams for those. I predict there will be a story about a drunk driver who crashes into the ambulance carrying the mainland prostitute he just knifed in a KTV in Tainan, killing everyone. And knocking down a tree, or possibly a lampost. The knife involved will be seven foot long.[/quote]

What is this “Apple Daily” that thou speaketh of kind sir? Would thoust be so kind as to provideth a link? Thy meaning of thine own words vexxes me grievously.

appledaily.com.tw/News/index.cfm

Not a link to anything interesting, just a link to the Apple Daily’s site. It’s a sensationalist, Chinese language daily paper. I think it also publishes in Hong Kong(?). I loved the TV ads before the paper’s launch here a while ago :howyoudoin:

Supposedly he paid the cops 30,000 U.S? and they let him go.[/quote]

Damn.

If you watched the video and are still subscribed to this thread…scroll up and watch it again. I found a better version with sound and more camera angles.

You are a sick man Mordeth! If this is the kind of stuff you like then why don’t you just stick to Ogrish.com if thats what you are into…

WOOHOO! Thanks for the link. Lotta good masturbation material on there. I’m set for weeks. My dog thanks you.

Ahhh, I make me laugh. No, but seriously. I’m not really into the gross stuff…like at the link you provided. I stop in at rotten.com about once a year just to freak myself out. But that’s it. What I am into is motorbikes though…and videos with bikers getting hurt is just what I need to keep me grounded and aware.

You’re welcome, I hope you have a large box of tissues at the ready! :wanker:
But seriously, is this really the kind of site that you should be posting this kind of stuff on? People die but do we have to have you posting links to the deaths of these poor people? Ogrish.com is visited by choice (not a sight for the faint hearted). Someone posts here and people will look and they will not always be ‘happy’ with what they see…

You’re welcome, I hope you have a large box of tissues at the ready! :wanker:
But seriously, is this really the kind of site that you should be posting this kind of stuff on? People die but do we have to have you posting links to the deaths of these poor people? Ogrish.com is visited by choice (not a sight for the faint hearted). Someone posts here and people will look and they will not always be ‘happy’ with what they see…[/quote]

You’ll find links to that accident on every vehicular forum all over the world. On my CBR forum there are roughly 5 different RE-POSTS of that video. It’s an amazing accident. The title of this thread is warning enough. And it just helps as a reminder to everyone to wear proper saftey equipment.

[quote=“Roach”]But seriously, is this really the kind of site that you should be posting this kind of stuff on? People die but do we have to have you posting links to the deaths of these poor people?[/quote]I changed the thread title to “Fatal accident video” so people could make an informed choice.

I’m not going to “censor” this. On the other hand, I hope we don’t see a whole load of fatal accident vids, and it would also be nice if posters can try to connect the stuff they post in some way to the “Taiwan vehicle experience”.

[quote=“Mordeth”]You’ll find links to that accident on every vehicular forum all over the world. On my CBR forum there are roughly 5 different RE-POSTS of that video. It’s an amazing accident. The title of this thread is warning enough. And it just helps as a reminder to everyone to wear proper saftey equipment.[/quote]As someone that does not frequent this forum very often you have my apologies…

However, your post title implies nothing about safety - only a morbid fascination for death…

Yeah like I said Mordeth I watched all of these vids before I posted the site. I didn’t know what you guys would like most though. this site’s worth the couple hours it takes to go through and find what you like.

I’m interested in that crash vid, too. I think I’ve always been curious what would happen if… that happened. It saves me from either setting up a test dummy or being a test dummy. I think it’s amazing. Did you see the bodies flying??? Wow.

I think the guy with the limp and lawyer is the driver… I wonder where he got the limp from though, A bat maybe?

[quote=“turkey_dinner”]Yeah like I said Mordeth I watched all of these vids before I posted the site. I didn’t know what you guys would like most though. this site’s worth the couple hours it takes to go through and find what you like.

I’m interested in that crash vid, too. I think I’ve always been curious what would happen if… that happened. It saves me from either setting up a test dummy or being a test dummy. I think it’s amazing. Did you see the bodies flying??? Wow.

I think the guy with the limp and lawyer is the driver… I wonder where he got the limp from though, A bat maybe?[/quote]

He’s not the driver…he’s one of the bikers and he tested positive for alcohol. But WTF are they testing the bikers for when the video clearly shows they aren’t at fault?!? Like I said before…supposedly the driver of the car gave the cops some cash and he walked…and since they don’t mention him in the final commentary, I guess it’s true.