Fatal Error on line 222

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in / [EDITED BY GOOSE EGG] on line 222

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … highlight=

10:56 am, 22nd June

[quote=“X3M”]Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in / [EDITED BY GOOSE EGG] on line 222

10:56 am, 22nd June[/quote]

I’m getting this error on a specific post I am trying to post. Short posts don’t seem to be a problem. Is the error due to the amount of post data?

No need to be subtle guys. Are you trying to politely suspend me? :wink:

When trying to access the: Sticky: Taiwan High Speed Rail - When? thread, I get

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in / [EDITED BY GOOSE EGG] on line 222

[quote=“Chaon”]When trying to access the: Sticky: Taiwan High Speed Rail - When? thread, I get

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in / [EDITED BY GOOSE EGG] on line 222[/quote]
I can’t access page 10, the other ones seem to be ok.

I have noticed that from time to time some threads get jammed with the error:

Basically, that page becomes forever unviewable.

Last time it happend to one of my threads I did some experimenting under preview, and tracked it to a URL of another f.com thread that was causing the problem.

The lastest example is forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 1&start=30

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 569#614569 gives the 222 error.

me too… :frowning:

I find it happens most often trying to view a thread with multiple pages, page 1 laods fine but click ‘next’ or ‘page2’ etc and it’ll stall for 5 mins and produce this:

This particular instance occured trying to view page 2 of this thread:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=53853

pretty frustrating since I’d really like to know the address posted on the 2nd page…

Same here

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 3&start=10

er… any “feedback” on this Line222 glitch?..

it’s still unaccessable today, so it seems like whatever is wrong is permanent… :frowning:

Thanks…

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll look into the posts mentioned and see if I can find the problem. It is only specific posts right?

Yep… it’s just that post… It did happen before on another post though and the OP of this thread mentioned another thread where they encountered the same bug… As far as I can tell it’s not wide spread, but it’s not a single instance either… :idunno:

thanks for the effort… much appreciated…

My pleasure! I am searching the database now :slight_smile:

I’m still getting an error on http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewforum.php?f=8&sid=a9a37629467959ad743d87b4c813da15 after nearly a month. I’m sad :frowning: (It’s the Living in Taiwan> “HSR When” (it’s a sticky)>last page thread) It’s been almost a month since it worked. :frowning:

Sorry about this. I have been looking through the database but am yet to find the problem. I will meet with Gus tomorrow and bring this up. Hopefully we’ll be able to crack it soon.

Hi arion,

Can you try that page now? It seems to be working for me finally.

The problem occurred around the 600,000th line of the database :slight_smile:

Now I have figured out the solution, I’ll go back and fix the other pages that aren’t working, although it make take a while, I’ll do it as fast as I can.

All the pages quoted before are accessible now. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be a quick fix for this, so if you find other pages with the same problem let me know.

[quote]X3M wrote:

10:56 am, 22nd June

I’m getting this error on a specific post I am trying to post. Short posts don’t seem to be a problem. Is the error due to the amount of post data? [/quote]

No it doesn’t seem to be. The page is above is fixed now, but if you are still having problems posting, please let me know where.

:eh: wierd… so there’s no ryhme or reason for them throwing the “222 error”…
Oh well… they work now…

Thanks Malc! :notworthy:

Well it seemed to be dodgy links, but I can’t be totally sure. As you say though, they are working now :smiley:

Thanks for the thanks :slight_smile:

[quote=“Malc”]Well it seemed to be dodgy links, but I can’t be totally sure. As you say though, they are working now :smiley:

Thanks for the thanks :slight_smile:[/quote]
Yes Malc the one time I got this error when I created a thread, it happened on the first post.

What I did was to create another thread, but this time I previewed it and saw the error, so I backed up and tried things until I hit on an URL as causing the problem. It was a link to another thread in fact, and it was in the format of:
[color=red]another thread[/color]

so when I changed it to a standard:
[color=red]www.someotherthread.com[/color] url, it was fine.

Hope that helps.

Oh and thanks, keep up the good work!