Fattest children to be taken away from their parents

independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho … 98972.html

There’s a certain black humour about this

Funny how often taking away other people’s kids is brought up by these sorts of people as the solution to pretty much any problem.

[quote]The Government faced criticism this month after it announced plans to warn parents if their child had a weight problem, but banned the use of the word “obese”. The Department of Health is instructing primary care trusts to inform all parents automatically about their child’s height and weight as part of a national measuring programme.

But ministers do not want the word “obese” to be used in the letters after research showed people find it “highly offensive”.[/quote]
Maybe they should test other synonyms for obese in a focus group to see if they are equally offensive.

Actually this pretty much sums up the bizarre way in which the debate is structured. It’s ok for government institutions to measure obesity, but it’s not ok to tell people about the results of the measurements because that would be nasty and judgmental. Local government plans to fix things by taking away people’s kids. It’s beyond parody.

As big a threat as terrorism! I can see why David Hunter gets asked for quotes by papers, he’s definitely got a taste for the dramatic.

Can’t wait to see what “bold action” they come up with. After all, government legislation in response to panic whipped up by the fuckwit media has worked so well in the past. Maybe they will ban Big Macs or something, causing people to smuggle them in to the UK in some unsanitary way.

public flensing stations?

enforced rendering?

if your child can fit through this hoop, then she/he may travel free.
(unspoken corollary: if your child doesn’t then she/he will be placed in protective custody and raised by the Hare Krishnas. )

ever seen a fat Hare Krishna? nope.

[quote=“urodacus”]public flensing stations?

enforced rendering?

if your child can fit through this hoop, then she/he may travel free.
(unspoken corollary: if your child doesn’t then she/he will be placed in protective custody and raised by the Hare Krishnas. )

ever seen a fat Hare Krishna? nope.[/quote]
Flensing is a good word. Actually I’ve always wondered how vegetarians can get fat - you’d think a meat free diet should be low calorie, but in practice they don’t seem to be skinnier than average than people who live off way too much meat.

Actually come to think of lions don’t tend to get fat, so maybe the way to go is one large meal of as much meat as you can eat per day.

Mmm, a book called The Lion Diet seems like a sure bet for best seller status in the US.

The Lyin’ Diet.

No Sir, I did NOT eat that pie.

Once on the train to Jilong I saw a mother forcefeeding her very overweight boy. She was literally stuffing food into his mouth. Everyone on the train was watching and just didn’t know what to say or do about it. It was child abuse, absolutely.

I bet you’re both skinnies. :raspberry: