Favorite airline Taiwan to/from US

Northwest also did that. Cup of noodles, ramen style…Mmm mmm MMM! Another perk of flying NW.

Also, 99% fewer spiders in your food than Mandarin Airlines…now everyone together: EWWWW!!!

I say 99% percent because there is always a chance, I guess. At least it wasn’t a cockroach.

I got sick from eating instant noodles on an EVA flight (TPE-AMS) because the hot water the stewardess used wasn’t hot enough. Real bad case of indigestion. Almost lost it when the plane was landing, and in hindsight, I should’d just throw up because I had a stomachache and headache for the whole day afterwards.

Lesson learned: make sure the water is boiling hot!

[quote=“daniel_han”]
Lesson learned: make sure the water is boiling hot![/quote]

that won’t happened because of some legal issues and it might burn their customers if suddently there is a turbulence…

Not too happy with cheapshit EVA’s Deluxe class, since they won’t serve hard liquor, only beer and wine, unless you are in Business or First. As I’ve said before, I’d recommend CAL if you are taking a pet back. I think both of them are stuck in the dark ages. EVA doesn’t hire male flight attendants (apparently the boss thinks this is women’s work). EVA’s pilots can’t even follow their own no-smoking in the cockpit rules. I’d rather take a US airline or Singapore/Malaysian back.

[quote=“MiakaW”][quote=“daniel_han”]
Lesson learned: make sure the water is boiling hot![/quote]

that won’t happened because of some legal issues and it might burn their customers if suddently there is a turbulence…[/quote]

Hmm… good point, but if you are flying on a Taiwanese airlines over international water, whose jurisdiction is that? And also, can you win such lawsuits in Taiwan as easily as in the US?

I flew Malaysia Air to and from Kuala Lumpur this past week and I have to give them the thumbs up. Though I was flying to KL and not US, this is the same plane and crew (they change crews in Taipei, give them a 3 day rest and then send them on) that goes on through LAX, so my experience should be fairly representative. Economy class seats are reasonably comfortable, even for a tall and overweight guy like me. Seats have 34" pitch as opposed to the typical 31". Enough so that I had enough room to move my knees around. Food was quite good and included real ice cream for dessert, and they came through several times to offer additional drinks. Flight attendants were very helpful and friendly all around. Check in lines were short. Even in economy each seat has its own display with several channels of video and single player and multi player games. Overall it was a very pleasant experience with nothing to complain about.