Favorite Breakfast Store Food!

Well, it’s just as bad a torture for me here in the US to listen to you guys talking about luobo gao and eggy sandwiches with cucumber shards and ketchup…mmmmm…and how 'bout that bing hongcha that somehow doesn’t taste quite like hongcha?

No. Freaky though, I wanted to ask that same question. :astonished:[/quote]

Confirmed. No, there isn’t. But soon I’m going back to visit a part of the world that does. Then I won’t be trying to convince myself that these li’l breakfast stores are any good. Let’s see…I think I’ll have the banana nut pancakes and the sour dough toast…

No. Freaky though, I wanted to ask that same question. :astonished:[/quote]That’s a plate o’ shrimp experience. Miller from Repoman said:[quote]A lot o’ people don’t realize what’s really going on. They view life as a bunch o’ unconnected incidents ‘n things. They don’t realize that there’s this, like, lattice o’ coincidence that lays on top o’ everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you’re thinkin’ about a plate o’ shrimp. Suddenly someone’ll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o’ shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin’ for one, either. It’s all part of a cosmic unconciousness.[/quote]A plate of shrimp for breakfast.

What’s IHOP’s?

www.ihop.com

Come on guys… this is the “Breakfast in Taiwan” thread… not the “Self-Torture Thread”…

Danbings are the best breakfast invention I have found here (or any food invention really). Relatively healthy if you can find somewhere like Alidarbac wrote about that does not drown it in grease. I have found a vendor that adds chopped up vegetables and it is outstanding.

The thing about danbings is they vary so much from shop to shop. Some are thin and almost nothing to them and others are thick and chewy.

There is a little shop a few doors down from Rose Records in Central Taipei (between Peace Park and the Train Station) that seems famous for their danbings. There is a guy ladling them onto a griddle literally from early morning until nightfall and often there are long lines to buy one. They make the biggest, thickest, chewiest dan bing I have ever seen. One can make a whole meal, especially if you had bacon or ham and get a drink with it.

The scary thing about these is that they don

[quote=“Interlocutor”]…Also can somebody tell me how to say in Chinese that sweet syrup that they always automatically add? I hate it and always try to catch them before they dump it on.

To tell them not to add it must be

Ask them about the sauce before you order:
Qing3 wen4, ni3 jia1de nei4ge you3 yi1dian3 tian2de jiang4 jiao4zuo4 shen2me?
you added that have a little sweet sauce is called what?
What’s that slightly sweet sauce you add called?

Then say wo3 bu2yao4 nei4ge I don’t want that, or
bu2yao4jia1, don’t add.

Then the next time you order, you can use the name of the sauce.

Thanks 914 and Dragonbones. It was