Favorite Chinese Character?

All right guys, it’s finally time to talk about what is your favorite chinese character.

Mine is this one:

it is such a wierd looking character and I don’t even really know what it is used for.

I have some other favorite characters, but what about you guys?

A friend once said it looks like a house, and now that’s all I can see. It’s so cute.

My favorite one is fire (and I can’t type it here) because it looks like a man (character) waving about as if on fire. I know that’s kind of sick.

酒 surely!

yan1, meaning swallow (the kind of bird)

it’s just so ballanced and airy. very zen.

1 Like

The bao in steamed bun.

I think it looks like a centaur, with arms held high and four legs.

That made me think of Starship Troopers. :laughing:

I’ve many favourites, but 龜 is right up there among them. It’s such a pleasure to write, flows from the pen and can hardly fail to come out looking good, and is such a splendid representation of the lovely creature(s) it depicts.

Favorite Chinese Character - I have several:

No question.

I like this one.

Everytime I see it I think of this:

I think 足 (foot) is cute. Looks like someone is running.

My favorite is 龜 too.

I also like this one:

from 挑釁 (tiao3 xin4): to provoke

傘 is so realistic you could almost use it for real. Simplified 伞 not bad either.

I was disappointed back in the day to find out this didn’t mean “angry”, to me it looks for all the world like an angry Chinese hat wearing dude…

:bravo: Haha, I didn’t know that others also have their favourite characters. Well, I have my to.

This one looks like an exotic dancer, love it. Coincidentally it’s also compound of the name of my friend.

Love it…

囧 jiong3
n: emoticon v: difficult to describe with words
real meaning that i don’t think people use: bright

I used to like 學 a lot because I remembered how to write it by thinking of it as a building crushing the small child below.

Mine are:

(simplified) I just think it looks pretty and it is fun to write. Sorry I couldn’t find a better character.

飞机
is also cool, same reason.