Favorite drummer?

After the good response to the sister threads for favorite guitarist and favorite bassist, just couldn’t resist one more…

So, Who is your favorite drummer?

There are more, but off the top of my head some of my favs are:
Albert Bouchard
Neil Peart
Stewart Copeland
Stepen Jo Bladd
Kelly Keagy
Jeff Porcaro
Kevin Godley
Rob Bachman

Yes, Who. Maybe he wasn’t the greatest technically, but Keith Moon sure put on a good show.

Dave Lombardo of Slayer is amazing but I wouldn’t say he’s my favorite.

Bill Stevenson of Black flag, The Descendents and All is good for weird timing.

The problem with listing a favourite drummer though is most people’s favorite drumbeat is the standard 4/4 rock beat(it’s mine anyway). I like the sound of two drumsticks being hit together on recordings before the song starts.

Dave Grohl’s stuff with Nirvana is good. His stuff with Queens of the Stone Age is excellent. His Stuff with Killing Joke is amazing.

Rob Hirst of Midnight Oil.

This is my present favorite drummer. wimp.com/drummer

I like Jimmy Chamberlain from the pumpkins.

The drummer from Def Leppard’s only got one arm.

Keith Moon.

I emphasize the “.”

Mickey Hart

Hamza El-din

Baba Olitunji

Nirvana’s drummer

[quote=“jdsmith”]

Nirvana’s drummer[/quote]He’s Dave Grohl.

Neil Peart
Taylor Hawkins
Dave Grohl
Derek Grant (The Alkaline Trio)
Smelly (NoFX)
Geezer Butler
Keith Moon
Drummer for Strung Out

That guy that used to be on Thomas the Tank Engine.

[quote=“Richardm”]That guy that used to be on Thomas the Tank Engine.[/quote]George Carlin ?

[quote=“Airwall”]After the good response to the sister threads for favorite guitarist and favorite bassist, just couldn’t resist one more…

So, Who is your favorite drummer?

Stewart Copeland
…[/quote]Absolutely. A very talented drummer who doesn’t think that “subtlety” is a game of table football.

Pity he didn’t do much after the Police though. I got one of his solo albums. It sounded like a drummer’s solo album. Not great.

Ringo.

Ringo.[/quote]Mr. Fluffy doesn’t even know who George Carlin is.

Ringo.[/quote]Mr. Fluffy doesn’t even know who George Carlin is.[/quote]Of course I do, he was the drummer with Thomas the Tank Engine, great band.

There can be only one…

1 Like

RIP Neil Peart.

1 Like