Favorite Movie soundtracks

My fave would be ‘Rushmore’

Other mentions - O Brother Where Art Thou, and the bits I have heard - Cold Mountain

Not Bad Boys II, I was referring to the first one. And I am certainly no friend of Hip Hop (and Rap for that matter) … :wink:

The Judgement Night soundtrack was pretty cool. A foreshadowing of all that Rap-Metal that was going to engulf the music industry

Some of my favorites in alphabetical order, not by ranking…

All That Jazz - I bought the CD because I remembered the songs in this movie from my childhood (yes, I said childhood). “Who’s sorry now?”
Chicago - Who would have thought John C. Reilly was that talented?
City of Angels - Full of heavenly goodies, especially Paula Cole’s “Feeling Love” and the Goo Goo Doll’s “Iris” :wink:
A Clockwork Orange - In high school, my friends and I would cruise around blasting this soundtrack from the car speakers
Clueless - a guilty pleasure from adolescence… :blush: :mrgreen:
Crooklyn - by far the nicest collection of old school music on one CD
Cruel Intentions - sophisticated and full of emotions.
Dazed and Confused - more classic rock!
Fast Times at Ridgemont High - Du-ude! It’s totally gnarly! (and a guilty pleasure from someone else’s adolescence)
Forrest Gump - A great collection of songs from the greatest eras of music
High School High - Check out the Braids doing Bohemian Rhapsody in a hip-hop style
New Jack City - Music full of powerful messages and rhythms
Rocky Horror Picture Show - I also like to do the audience participation lines to the songs…:slight_smile: “Sweet transvestite…”
Sleepless in Seattle - nice CD to listen to on a quiet weekend.
Tommy - Well, he is the Pinball Wizard
Wayne’s World II - We’re not worthy! We’re not worthy!
Xanadu - bad movie, but great music from Olivia Newton-John, Gene Kelly (his last movie), and of course, the Electric Light Orchestra.

Also Alanis Morissette’s Still is the best thing on the Dogma soundtrack, which otherwise is crap, but there are ways to get around getting the whole CD if you know what I mean…

Some I forgot:

Dirty Dancing
Footloose
Labyrinth
Lost Boys
Stand by Me
The Muppet Movie
… and that song “God gave rock and roll to you” at the end of the second Bill and Ted movie

Can you say “80s time warp”, boys and girls? Why are mine so geeky compared to everyone else’s? :laughing:

Here’s 4 more…I can’t believe they haven’t been mentioned yet.

My all time fav soundtrack:

Repoman…Pablo Picasso was never called an Asshole, Hombre Secreto, and it goes on on and on…

Someone mentioned True Romance, but what about Pulp Fiction and of course, Resevoir Dogs…(Stuck in the middle with you, yes I’m…)

Does the soundtrack from the film Stop Making Sense count?

[quote=“Toe Save”]:
Does the soundtrack from the film Stop Making Sense count?[/quote]

Absolutley. Yeah, Repoman, great film, great soundtrack.

Chou

How about the Rockstar Soundtrack? Great movie…Altough never cared for Judas Priest, the band in the movie is based on them.

Daasgirl, I totally forgot about Labyrinth which I also have on CD. I used to “borrow” my little sister’s copy until I got one of my own.
Mostly because of my David Bowie addiction…

Hey grasshopper… “Stand up and shout!” :wink:

What, you too??? Mine started with Let’s Dance and later stretched all the way back to Love You Till Tuesday (with that classic track, The Laughing Gnome :laughing: ) I gave up around Tonight though.

Which brings me to…
Merry Christmas, Mr Lawrence. Must get that on CD someday!

my favorites already mentioned are:

Dances With Wolves

A Clockwork Orange

and not mentioned yet:

Even Cowgirls Get The Blues

yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaw

A Clockwork Orange

moviemusic.com/CD/clockworkorange.html

The Beast of War

imdb.com/title/tt0094716/

Apocalypse Now

moviemusic.com/CD/apocalypsenow.html

The Year of Living Dangerously

moviemusic.com/CD/yearoflivi … ously.html

Black Hawk Down

moviemusic.com/CD/blackhawkdown.html

visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/2001cd.html

Performance

imdb.com/title/tt0066214/

Against All Odds
(Kid Creole and the Coconuts!!! :slight_smile: )

artistdirect.com/soundtracks … lodds.html

in random order:

The English Patient
Amelie
Chicago
The Sound of Music
The Little Mermaid (sorry, it’s a childhood thing)

What, you too??? Mine started with Let’s Dance and later stretched all the way back to Love You Till Tuesday (with that classic track, The Laughing Gnome :laughing: ) I gave up around Tonight though.[/quote]

Mine started with those tight white pants he wore in Labyrinth, even before I knew what he could be hiding in them. :wink:

Latest addition to greatest soundtracks:

The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood…Ray Charles, Jimmy Reed, Mahalia Jackson, Lauryn Hill, and Bob Dylan… if for nothing else the song The World Exploded into Love by Bob Schneider. What a song to end a movie with…:lovestruck:

Blues Brothers
Amadeus
Wild Orchid
The Wiz(man can quincy jones write lyrics!)
Ali
Woman on Top
The Bodyguard (good for road trips)
Office Space (it feels good to be a ganster)
The Color Purple
Notting Hill (has its moments)