Favorite steak houses?

[quote=“TpeBob”]What Elektronisk omitted to mention is that appreciation of said steak is enhanced by downing 18 shots of Akvavit in an hour. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing:

Bob[/quote]

Damn. 18? And you kept count? I’m glad I wasn’t the one who still had to work. :wink:

The Carnage steak, the size of a small Hovis loaf, served with mash and creamed spinach is a complete steal. Very close run thing with a Ruth Chris offering (high praise), but a fraction of the price (and better service…). I wasn’t under the influence of akvavit, but crazy hour helps

Thanks for the compliment. I really have no idea who you are really I don’t :wink: I’m off on Wednesday so catch you when I get back.

Bob

Herbs is just in Loli Street, just off Anhe Road. It’s the restaurant beside the Villa. Their filet mignon there is good, especially when accompanied with sauteed garlic mushrooms, which I think is the best in Taipei so far.

With Gordon’s recommendation, I’ve tried Carnegie’s NY Strip (NT$590) last
Saturday. My God, thumbs up to Carnegie’s! Served with creamy mashed potatoes, creamed spinach and red wine sauce, my steak was so delicious, I wouldn’t mind going back for it again, and bringing new friends with me too! Anyway, I’ve heard raves about your 10 oz filet mignon (NT$690) so maybe I’ll try that again next time. Regardless, the food is good while the price is reasonable as well, so hats down to Carnegie’s… you guys are one of the better steak places in town!

[quote=“raventina”]
With Gordon’s recommendation, I’ve tried Carnegie’s NY Strip (NT$590) last
Saturday. My God, thumbs up to Carnegie’s! Served with creamy mashed potatoes, creamed spinach and red wine sauce, my steak was so delicious, I wouldn’t mind going back for it again, and bringing new friends with me too! Anyway, I’ve heard raves about your 10 oz filet mignon (NT$690) so maybe I’ll try that again next time. Regardless, the food is good while the price is reasonable as well, so hats down to Carnegie’s… you guys are one of the better steak places in town![/quote]

Many thanks for the positive feedback. When we modified the a la carte menu last time and chose to give steaks a greater prominence on the menu, one of the intentions was to be exactly that; one of the best steak places in town, if not the best. Obviously, appreciation is subjective but I do believe that for the money our steaks are hard to beat. Fred Smith once said that to me in one of his rare lucid moments and if he still posted here, he may well have backed up that statement.

Anyway, given the aim we had, your compliment is indeed gratifying to read and is a testamnet to the efforts made in the kitchen.

Cheers,

Bob

Called back from the grave. I am very particular about my steaks and I like ribeye and sirloin (more flavor) over bland filets. Carnegie’s is now my No. 1 choice for steak in Taipei. The ribeye is perfection, seared to a nice crispiness with all the juices sealed inside. To me, it is not only the best steak in town but at about the same price as the Swensen’s version, by far and away the most reasonably priced. Kudos to Bob and with a bottle of Duval LeRoy for an appetizer and a bottle of Wolf Blass with said steak, how can you go wrong? haha

How dare you Bob! When have you ever seen or heard me in any sort of LUCID condition? The very idea!