Favourite Movie Moments!

Okay, okay, that Rome fight is better. But still, the two top fights of all time within the last two years. And both on HBO.

Hey, OP, can we include TV in this thread.

If not TV, then at least HBO?

Cuz I’d love to mention that scene in Oz where the (been too long to remember names) Beacher(?) or whatever slices up that guard (the blond kid from coach) with his fingernails? Or when Beacher gets his limbs broken (all 4) while wrestling with his luvva.

-The Usual Suspects. The climatic scene after Verbal Kent (Spacey) Leaves the police station and begins to walk normally.
-Goodfella’s ‘Bust my balls’ dinner scene from with Joe Pesci and Ray Liotta ( You’re a funny guy!)
-Chopper when Eric Bana stabs keithy (David Field) and then offers him a smoke.
-Dirty Rottten Scoundrels - Dr Shaufhausen (Michael Caine) whacking Steve Martins legs with a cane. Hilarious
-Apocalypse Now. Dennis Hopper Telling Willard that Kurtz ‘goes too far’, referring too the severed heads and bodies etc
-Basic Instinct- Sharon Stone’s bare naked pussy
-Lethal Weapon 4 - Uncle Benny in the dentist chair. ‘Chow chika ching chong cheeeee!’
-Rocky Horror. The Floorshow
-American History X. After Ed Norton comes home from jail and looks at himself in the bathroom mirror…repentant.

Battleship Potemkin - the massacre on the Odessa Steps

I love the soundtrack to that movie. it is so fitting.

This is a spin-off of another thread of the typical and trite Hollywood garbage. This thread, on the other hand, is going to focus on some of the best or funniest scenes we’ve seen.

I call dibs on the Indiana Jones scene where the main character watches an Arabian thief skillfully maneuver two swords in a threatening way… right before he takes out his pistol and shoots the would-be assassin dead. Instant classic. :slight_smile:

At the end of Once Upon a Time in The West when you find out why Harmonica (Charles Bronson) wants to kill Frank (played by movie nice guy Henry Fonda). As epic as the climax is to that scene, Frank’s death is really fast, a departure from the rest of Leone’s Westerns… Classic stuff

[quote=“Hrodric”]This is a spin-off of another thread of the typical and trite Hollywood garbage. This thread, on the other hand, is going to focus on some of the best or funniest scenes we’ve seen.

I call dibs on the Indiana Jones scene where the main character watches an Arabian thief skillfully maneuver two swords in a threatening way… right before he takes out his pistol and shoots the would-be assassin dead. Instant classic. :slight_smile:[/quote]Great scene. Not originally scripted that way, did you know? Ford had the flu and wasn’t feeling well enough to play out the scene as scripted, and suggested that he simply pull out a gun and end it quick.

One of my favorites, cheesy as it is, is the scene in The Abyss where Ed Harris has to let his wife drown in a crippled mini sub before dragging her body back to the rig. Just something about it.

The ending scene of Sofia Coppola’s “Lost In Translation.” Bob (Bill Murray) whispers to Charlotte (Scarlett Johansson) on Tokyo street while they are separating from each other. I am still wondering what he says to her and how to define their relationship.

I still get a kick at the scene in Pulp Fiction where the couple is all gentle and loving, whispering sweet nothings to each other… right before they get out their guns and rob the place.

I have to say this long scene at the end of Once Upon A Time In the West is one of my all time faves. Its got everything, scenery, long face shots, epic soundtrack… drool

What are your fave moments?

Brando in Apocalypse Now. I can recite it verbatim.

Oh, God! Mr Ducked has just reminded me. Rutger Hauer’s death scene in “Bladerunner”. Classic.

I adore Bladerunner!
For some reason, that rollercoaster scene in Parenthood has always stuck with me. The grandma talking about it and then the scene at the kiddie play. I don’t know why that made such an impression on me. It’s the weirdest thing.

Cyd charisse in the dance sequence with Gene kelly in singin’ in the rain. His hat lands on her foot and she sizzzzles. Hot!

La vita est bella, when he says goodbye to his son.

Hugh Grant dancing in Love actually.

Steve Mcqueen being caught in the barbed wire in The great escape.

Uma Thurman dueling Lucy Liu in Kill Bill.

The beginning of Where Eagles dare.

300 when the boy kills that snow monster in his training.

And every scene from "chariots of fire’. An absolute fav.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPB7r0UpNIE

Too many scenes in both Goodfellas and Scarface to bother recounting.

I do like the scene in Falling Down (Michael Douglas) where he goes into Whammy Burger and can’t get breakfast and pulls out his automatic rifle. Great stuff.

There’s lots of funny scenes, memorable in my mind anyway, from Office Space. Where the three main guys beat and break the shit out of the photocopier. Anything to do with the boss Lumbergh.

Donnie Darko ending.

Once upon a time in America

1. the endless phone ringing scene. (Haunting)
  2. I slipped…
    and many many more…
    Best movie ever.

Two from Umberto D

The bamboo fighting in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

The seen with Leo Decaprio in the bath tub in What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, and when they decide to burn down the house.

The boat/in the lake make out scean in The Notebook, and when she forgets him in the middle of a dance.

Benny and June when Depp swings past the hospital window.

The steamy sex in The Lover. That facinated me for a long time–not the sex itself, but the picture of what I and my lover might have looked like. I always forgot that we were not the same race, or rather, it didn’t occur to me until somoene else pointed it out.

The final scene in Pulp Fiction.

NOTICE: NSFW! (Contains profanity)