Feckin Taike Knock on My Window Right in the Middle of Traff

Strange but true. I was driving on Chungshan road. Heavy traffic. At the red light, there’s a knock on the passenger window. Skinny looking runt in very fancy clothes (gansta?). I lowered the window and…

“Hey, can’t you see I’m in a hurry. Why are you driving so slowly?”

Didn’t wait for an answer. Walked back to the back of the taxi, which he was a passenger. I glanced back at the driver and he gave a chuckle. What the feck?

once we all should collect such stuff and write a book:
“Strange stuff which can happen to you on Taiwan’s streets”

Had my first near-miss in quite some time just yesterday. And it was some maniac chick on her little 50CC trying to pass me in a narrow tunnel…on the curve…in heavy traffic.

This broad was trying her best to bounce me into the wall just so she could gain one scooter position! :noway:

Needless to say I held my ground and she had to back off, but then waited for the narrow straight-way (still in the tunnel), and passed me and a few other bikes at the most dangerous moment, almost hitting the oncoming traffic. :loco:

So, like I always do, I caught up to her at the very next light and cut her off at the intersection, all under the speed limit, and calmly pointed out that there is something seriously wrong with her driving. Didn’t need to know any Mandarin for her to get my point. :bravo:

There was no way for her to get away from me either, because I had her totally blocked at the light. Everyone saw me scolding her. Of course, she told me to f**k off, but I just loved watching her squirm.

I swear some female drivers just don’t know what it means to be in an accident and come to a sudden stop at 60 k in a narrow tunnel.

No doubt she’ll be up to her old tricks tomorrow. :help:

[quote=“wonder”]Had my first near-miss in quite some time just yesterday. And it was some maniac chick on her little 50CC trying to pass me in a narrow tunnel…on the curve…in heavy traffic.

This broad was trying her best to bounce me into the wall just so she could gain one scooter position! :noway:

Needless to say I held my ground and she had to back off, but then waited for the narrow straight-way (still in the tunnel), and passed me and a few other bikes at the most dangerous moment, almost hitting the oncoming traffic. :loco:

So, like I always do, I caught up to her at the very next light and cut her off at the intersection, all under the speed limit, and calmly pointed out that there is something seriously wrong with her driving. Didn’t need to know any Mandarin for her to get my point. :bravo:

There was no way for her to get away from me either, because I had her totally blocked at the light. Everyone saw me scolding her. Of course, she told me to f**k off, but I just loved watching her squirm.

I swear some female drivers just don’t know what it means to be in an accident and come to a sudden stop at 60 k in a narrow tunnel.

No doubt she’ll be up to her old tricks tomorrow. :help:[/quote]

Take her picture and post it in a Taiwanese chat room with a nice description of what happened. :smiling_imp:

I once watched a mother with her child on the back run a red light WITHOUT checking first. I pulled up beside her and instead of scolding her I began to chat with her child. Went something like this:

Me: Hey, kid…Did you know that your mom wants to see you dead?

Kid: …

Me: Yeah, kid…she just ran that red light like an idiot without checking or anything…she wants to see your brains on the road.

Me: Maybe she just wants to kill herself, tell her not to bring you along next time if that’s the case.

True story.

[quote=“Mordeth”]I once watched a mother with her child on the back run a red light WITHOUT checking first. I pulled up beside her and instead of scolding her I began to chat with her child. Went something like this:

Me: Hey, kid…Did you know that your mom wants to see you dead?

Me: Yeah, kid…she just ran that red light like an idiot without checking or anything…she wants to see your brains on the road.

Me: Maybe she just wants to kill herself, tell her not to bring you along next time if that’s the case.

True story.[/quote]

Isn’t this taking things a bit far?

Yeah, lots of whack shit happens in Taiwan but we aren’t here to be the Great Teachers of the universal truths.

[quote=“sojourner”]Yeah, lots of whack shit happens in Taiwan but we aren’t here to be the Great Teachers of the universal truths.[/quote]Why not ? No one else is. It affects us too, we get killed too. It seems ok for us to go around telling locals how to vote, and even what to call their own country. Although I only shout at people when they actually hit me or get in my way.

I say my piece as well. But, telling a kid his mother wants him dead? No, that’s too far.

You can’t seriously not see what’s wrong with this.

I pick-up the young cowboy at his school everyday.
I am slowly starting to tell the kids that they should always wear a helmet when they ride on a 'scooter.
This has already paid-off in seeing 3 kids with new helmets.
Still a lot with no head protection though.

And yeah…I still use the “Smooth peckerhead! on traffic miscreants”

Would you tell the “young cowbay’s” classmates that aren’t wearing helmets that their parents want to see thier brains on the street?

If they were recklessly running redlights…why not?

Well, maybe they don’t WANT it, but it seems they don’t mind either. What would YOU tell the kids, if anything?

If they were recklessly running redlights…why not?[/quote]

A for effort.

D for form. :wink:

That just reminds me to an advertisment they produced this summer in Austria. The parents go by car with the kid sitting unbelted in the back. Suddenly they have to break and the made it looking like the kid is flying between the parents to front and than crashing into the front window and with it than out of the car. They even say, that this is scientistic proofed for a speed of 40 km/h or so.
Even it is a very very hard way, but believe it or not, it worked. More people started to put on safty belts for the kids…

Some times its just the pure and unhided truth which makes people start to think…

Taiwan used to have this helmet program where the put these gross ogrish type pictures of people splattered on the pavement to get people to wear helmets. Not sure if it worked, but it sure gave me the willies.