Tennis - Federer's feet

Great start to.the match. Well worth watching.

Brutal set of tennis.

1 Like

If Dominic wins the second set I like his chances to pull the upset.

(put a bet on him at 8.00 after losing the first :worried: )

1 Like

8 is a bit tight from the bookies. Nadal never loses after winning the first set.

Then again…

Maybe 5 matches in his entire career in best of 5 sets, but the guy has to lose more as he gets old surely :slight_smile:

Fingers crossed.

Got a feeling the thug will reach the semis of the US Open, maybe even win the title.

Final:
Medvedev vs. Nadal, or
Medvedev vs. Thugios

Mevedev was on fire in the tuneup tournaments, even beating the Joker, but I’d still put my money on a Joker reaching the finals over him.

Kyrgios to the finals? He is electric, but I’d still bet against that.

Djokovic vs. Nadal is my pick for the finals, albeit a very boring pick.

Whelp, just learned about the Joker’s shoulder. Maybe he’s not a lock for the finals as I had thought.

They were doing a lot of work on it during the match. Rotator cuff, perhaps. His serve and backhand are going to suffer.

Medvedev was cramping last night, there goes my finalist prediction, he is done. Djokovic injured, Federer old and tired, golden chance for Nishikori?

And still think Thugios is looking extremely good in the other half.

“I threw the kitchen sink at him, but he went into the bathroom and got the tub,”

Still a classic quote.

Lol yeah poor Roddick.

Wawrinka dark horse for this Us open by the way, forgot about him.

During the tuneups Medvedev’s movement was super slick for a guy his height and body type. Unfortunately, even in the first round, he just looks tired. Hopefully he can recover well and go deep into the tournament.

Similarly, Federer hasn’t looked as smooth as I expect, but at least he’s still making great shots.

I’m closely following Shapovalov, mainly because I’m a fan. He’s been disappointing in 2019, but he’s been looking good the first two rounds.

Poor Roddick indeed, imagine how many more slam titles that man would’ve had if it weren’t for Fed.

It’s surely going to be Nadal, isn’t it?

When Federer is dominant it’s scary.

I didn’t see it, but outrageous crowd behaviour with Djokovic. He was carrying an injury.

I now fancy Federer.