Fedex or DHL to the US?

Fedex website offers free quotes, not so DHL. Which is cheaper, better?

Depends on what you are sending.
For documents, papers or envelopes of any size…DHL.

For packages or boxes…Fed-X or the local Post Office.

I use all 3 several times a week.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Depends on what you are sending.
For documents, papers or envelopes of any size…DHL.

For packages or boxes…Fed-X or the local Post Office.

I use all 3 several times a week.[/quote]

Perfect, thank you.

Are you talking about regular shipments or one-off? DHL is the best shipper we found for contract express shipments. Fedex are very tough to move on price and service is disorganised.

I always use Fedex. Never had any problems.

The guys in our Germany shipping department keep telling me (at least for goods like hardware samples, no idea for documents): If it’s to the US, you only need to follow one simple rule: use Fedex.

When shipping stuff to the US for my work, generally we very often had issues when we had to use other companies than Fedex (like in > 50% by my feeling), and so far never had when we used Fedex. Price was not much of an issue, though - the stuff just needs to be there on time, that’s it. So by now I am insisting that Fedex is used, doesn’t matter what the “normal” way to ship that stuff is. Just trying to avoid trouble…

I should also have listened to them when I sent one PC to the US privately with DHL. I paid for insurance, tracking etc., but still once the package crossed the German border, there was no tracking any more. And no one could or wanted to help me. The packet arrived, though, eventually - totally battered and a few months late. But yes, it was way cheaper than Fedex…