Fedora Core 4

I just wanted to report that I recently bought and installed Fedora Core 4. I installed it on my main work computer OVER Windows 2000. My only regret is that I didn’t do it sooner. I’m also starting to understand why the Gnome desktop environment is so popular (though I still have a soft spot for KDE). And recently I got hold of yumex, the graphical interface for yum. This is just too neat.

Eye-pleasing, stable, ultra-customizable, these are words that can best describe it.

Good bye, boring, unfriendly and unstable OS! Hello, productivity!

you bought it? you do know linux can be downloaded free over the internet (if you have the bandwidth) because its pretty much freeware…

Yeah, but buying it usually helps support the project in the first place and gets you technical support at the same time, as well as certain drivers, etc that aren’t available in the free version.

[rahimiiii]: “you do know linux can be downloaded free over the internet”

[jwar]: Sure did. Thanks. I’ve got about 30 different distributions. :slight_smile:

[irishstu]: “Yeah, but buying it usually helps support the project in the first place and gets you technical support at the same time, as well as certain drivers, etc that aren’t available in the free version.”

[jwar]: You got it. Besides, it was 4 CDs (!) and a manual for just NT$300. That was such a great deal, I couldn’t pass it up.

I also bought Novell Linux Desktop 9 with a thick manual for NT$399. The interface was just beautiful. Too bad it doesn’t support Wacom tablets out of the box. Otherwise, I would be using it.