Fee receipt for sale - why?

OK, I saw this ad in Taiwanted, and I’m curious. Why would it be beneficial to spend money to buy a receipt? What magic does this perform?

taiwanted.com/detail.php?siteid=3971

[quote=“500CBFan”]OK, I saw this ad in Taiwanted, and I’m curious. Why would it be beneficial to spend money to buy a receipt? What magic does this perform?

taiwanted.com/detail.php?siteid=3971[/quote]

If you were going to spend NT$3650 on a visa application you can spend NT$3400 on the voucher instead. Although as per Taiwanted tradition, NT$250 off for something that seems a bit risky and unlikely to sell is pretty stingy, isn’t it?

I see this is still posted on Taiwanted.

Guess what?..This is still illegal.

Ah, a bit on the shady side. I see.

Can someone please explain why it would be illegal to sell a receipt?

Ask Mr. Ma and Mr. Chen … they know … :slight_smile:

They are selling an unused paid bank transfer receipt for a visa payment to AIT. They aren’t selling a fapiao to be used for bogus expenses. I’d worry if the receipt were fake or already used, but I don’t see why it would be illegal.

They are selling an unused paid bank transfer receipt for a visa payment to AIT. They aren’t selling a fapiao to be used for bogus expenses. I’d worry if the receipt were fake or already used, but I don’t see why it would be illegal.[/quote]

My only beef with this one given the risk involved of not having it accepted for any reason is that the seller offers a measly NT$250 off. Keep those bargains coming, expat classifieds :unamused:

Consider what it could be used for…its an instrument used in/for the commission of fraud.

I “could” use a pencil for murder, but those are still legal.

I’m sorry, but I may be a bit dense. How is this fraud? Someone sends AIT a payment, then decides not to apply for a visa. They then sell someone else the payment receipt who wants to apply for the visa. Where’s the fraud?