Feebie's Pizza & Pub Taoyuan - Chat Thread

Not round means they’re rolled, pushed and stretched into shape on the board. Not good. Amateur, and shows a lack of knowledge about the nature of bread dough. Fine for home cooking. Not for professionals charging restaurant prices. People expect more.
As for “keep quiet unless you want to say nice things,” WTF? You really DON’t want feedback from unhappy customers? That is outright weird, especially in light of your recent diatribe against pizza joints, some of which you admit to never having actually eaten at. :unamused:
You seem pissed at Mr. He’s somewhat scathing review of your place. Rather than telling him to shut the fuck up, perhaps you and your business might be better served addressing the complaints point by point.
Maybe you DID build the place with your own two hands. But really, who cares? If you’re treating, then fine, but you’re not. You are charging money. People want ambience and service at LEAST as much as the food.
I’ll tell you right straight, laddie. It’s your attitude that puts me off making a trip to Taoyuan, FAR more than Mr He’s review.

[quote=“careyteacher”]If you order a 12" pizza, your pizza will be bigger, round or not, if you order a 9" pizza, your pizza will be bigger, round or not… It’s not about the shape, it’s about quality and full flavour. Who says pizza has to be round? I don’t copy, and I don’t want to be like other pizza places, we are our own, 100%!
Feebie’s Pizza is Canadian owned, Canadian operated, offering Canadian quality at a resonable price with mainly Taiwanese customers. We designed our place(and still building to be better) , we built our place with our hands (every brick, every screw…), we painted, we operate it, we take the garbage out, we pay the bills, we offer the best service we can, we make sure every dish goes out the best it can, and we try to make everyone happy the best we can. We are working hard now and doing the best we can for the future of Feebie’s.
We have several satisfied customers, several repeat customers and regulars, and we offer a positive, happy environment,

If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all![/quote]

What a terrible post!. Sandman is totally correct in that you need to so some serious reassessment of your attitude. I wouldn’t go there based solely on your own trumpet-blowing and I can’t see how emphasising its Canadian-ness will draw in any wider demographic than Canadians; I associate that aspect with cheap and humourless (this is probably unfair but my own experiences have somewhat tainted my view of that group as a whole, especially in the restaurant context, despite knowing a few upstanding Canadians).

Dismissing Mr. He’s comments in favour of your own exhortations is a mistake.

Take Sandman’s advice and learn a little humility; especially after you attacked ‘rivals’ while pretending to be impartial. Or go back to being a teacher. Plonker.

BroonAlberta

OH wait you have to PAY to eat there? I thought it was a FREEBIE???

Ya, your food and the place has to be well worth the money you charge to succeed.

You are such a loser!! Negative negative, were you a lonely boy, Sandman? Geek!!

[quote=“sandman”]Not round means they’re rolled, pushed and stretched into shape on the board. Not good. Amateur, and shows a lack of knowledge about the nature of bread dough. Fine for home cooking. Not for professionals charging restaurant prices. People expect more.
As for “keep quiet unless you want to say nice things,” WTF? You really DON’t want feedback from unhappy customers? That is outright weird, especially in light of your recent diatribe against pizza joints, some of which you admit to never having actually eaten at. :unamused:
You seem pissed at Mr. He’s somewhat scathing review of your place. Rather than telling him to shut the fuck up, perhaps you and your business might be better served addressing the complaints point by point.
Maybe you DID build the place with your own two hands. But really, who cares? If you’re treating, then fine, but you’re not. You are charging money. People want ambience and service at LEAST as much as the food.
I’ll tell you right straight, laddie. It’s your attitude that puts me off making a trip to Taoyuan, FAR more than Mr He’s review.[/quote]

Dig, dig, dig.

[quote=“careyteacher”]You are such a loser!! Negative negative, were you a lonely boy, Sandman? Geek!!

[quote=“sandman”]Not round means they’re rolled, pushed and stretched into shape on the board. Not good. Amateur, and shows a lack of knowledge about the nature of bread dough. Fine for home cooking. Not for professionals charging restaurant prices. People expect more.
I’ll tell you right straight, laddie. It’s your attitude that puts me off making a trip to Taoyuan, FAR more than Mr He’s review.[/quote][/quote]

Fuck me! I cannot believe this. Mr Careyteacher, there are quicker ways to go to the wall.

I don’t think I will ever be back.

did not want to comment till now but…ouch!!!

as far as I know and my taste buds will vouch for that, the pizzas with the best crust are always round because to get the dough spread out nice and even and conistent you have to keep flipping it (some people tend to thing it is just to amuse the public)…the only shape that you get by flipping is round and not oval, square, retangular or anything else…

i am not a pizza expert or anything but whenever I have had a very good pizza I make it a point to ask the chef and 10 out of 10 times I get the same reply – flip flip flip till the dough is spread out nice and evenly…

no one is perfect and that goes you as well as for all the posters (including me) who have commented…if you have a good product, a good personality, are honest no matter what anyone says the truth will always win in the end…this is the fact of life!! If you have something good then you should not in the least bit be worried about the negative criticism that you are getting!!

take it easy…like some others have correctly pointed out find out the reason why someone made a compliant and try to address it…

You will catch more flies with honey than vinegar!!

[quote=“careyteacher”]You are such a loser!! Negative negative, were you a lonely boy, Sandman? Geek!!

I’ll tell you right straight, laddie. It’s your attitude that puts me off making a trip to Taoyuan, FAR more than Mr He’s review.[/quote][/quote]
I grew up with four younger sisters and no brothers in a small town of less than 50,000 people, so I was on occasion, indeed, lonely at some points in my childhood. But I fail to see what that has to do with your strange, Basil Fawlty-like approach to the F&B industry.
We had a famous Armenian restaurant in Edinburgh that people used to book weeks in advance because the owner was such an irascible twat a lot of the time. But HE got away with it because at the end of the day, his food was simply outstanding, plus, he would jump on to customers tables if he was in particularly fine fettle, and serenade them with some extremely fiery central European fiddle-playing, plates and cutlery flying. He also had a habit of throwing whole tablefuls of customers out on their ears if he felt they were somehow not adding to the ambience of his place.
You my friend are not in that category.
You take the criticism, you examine it objectively, and you either act upon the feedback, or not. You DON’T, if you are serious about customer satisfaction, accuse unhappy customers of ANYTHING. You thank them VERY nicely, and you take a long, hard look at what they said. If you want your business to succeed.
I’m sorry, but simply being Canadian and handy with a hammer and saw does NOT automatically give you some kind of carte blanche to tell your customers to fuck off.

Here’s something maoman just posted in another thread. It bears scrutiny in precisely this situation.

[quote]I recently read an interesting article in the Wall Street Journal about ways to improve one’s business reputation. Not all of the points apply to businesses here, but the first point certainly does:

Quote:
These days, a great danger lurks just a few clicks away: the online review. By Googling your company’s name, anyone can read and track your business’s performance – including missteps, poor service or less-than-stellar products.

Protecting your company’s reputation is now a 24-hour vigil. Negative reviews – whether they’re merited or not – can turn away potential customers and vendors, and reflect badly on your company’s brand.

The good news is that small-business owners can be proactive in securing positive reviews by asking satisifed customers to share their experiences. But what if it’s already too late?

Reach out immediately to dissatisfied reviewers. Their negative comments don’t need to be the end of the conversation. Small-business owners should attempt a dialogue, experts say, as complainers might improve the review or take down the post. Oguz Ucanlar, president of SpaForever LLC in Chicago, managed to turn around bad reviews on Yelp.com by contacting the aggrieved posters. He apologized, explained the situation and offered the reviewers discounts or a free massage. The result? One bad review was deleted, and the spa’s overall rating went up. “I take it really seriously,” he says. It also helps that Yelp now allows business owners to respond publicly to any customer comment, giving others a window into how the business treats its most finicky customers.

When a bad review surfaces, an apology goes a long way, says Lisa Barone, co-founder of Outspoken Media Inc., a Spring Hill, Fla., Internet marketing company. “Most people just want to be heard,” she says. “They just want to know you’re listening and you care, and that you’re going to try and fix it.”

Keep in mind that a negative review can sometimes be helpful. Case in point: an online customer of Nationwide Candy LLC of Albuquerque, N.M., complained after she received the wrong bubblegum product. Turns out, the candy wholesaler had posted an incorrect image on its site. “It just cast a bad image on us,” says Ken Hanson, its general manager, who immediately corrected the error.

Sincerity, a cool head, and a clear view of the bigger picture are all important elements as well. Forumosa has seen bosses of every temperament respond to complaints, and it is clear that some do it better than others.[/quote]

Wow, I guess there will not be any 'mosa happy hours at your place anytime soon.

Just a hunch on my part, but I think I may know what happened to the Customer Service Manager gig at Holiday Inn.
As Paul Harvey would say, “so now we know the rest of the story”

Good luck to you dude.

Scareyteacher, you are really, really, really not doing yourself any favours. Although by some reports your square pizza place sounds crap with cheap decor, crappy burgers and indifferent service, you may have been able to redeem yourself with a pleasant personality which may have masked deficiencies in your operation but it seems that you are devoid of even that. You sound like you have some deeply entrenched issues. Were you abused as a child? Did the priest play with your willy when you were in the choir?

You really haven’t got a clue; but you are thoroughly entertaining. So keep it up.

BroonAmused

[quote=“BroonAle”] Did the priest play with your willy when you were in the choir?

[/quote]

That makes you bad at cooking? :ponder:

[quote=“Buttercup”][quote=“BroonAle”] Did the priest play with your willy when you were in the choir?

[/quote]

That makes you bad at cooking? :ponder:[/quote]

It may lessen one’s focus.

Bloke in the biscuit factory was slapping his penis on all the biscuits as they passed him on the production line when the health inspector was doing his rounds. When the inspector asked the manager what he was doing, he was told: “Oh, don’t mind him, he’s fucking crackers”.

Not that that has anything to do with anything.

Anyway, Careyteacher’s last stand at Internet Hill is amusing stuff.

BroonAwake

But you wouldn’t be cooking in the choir. But I understand the premise behind the comment.

Nice joke - I heard a similar one, about the Chiquita banana factory.

careyteacher, I think there’s still room for a comeback.

[quote=“Buttercup”].

careyteacher, I think there’s still room for a comeback.[/quote]

Perhaps. It will be interesting to see if careyteacher has learned anything.

BroonAwaits

I’ve seldom see such pointed animosity toward a poster in a thread.

You may not like someone or what they had to say, and you may think it’s justified…but there are less acerbic ways to criticize someone I think, regardless of what mistakes they may have made in the past. You don’t all have to pile on at the same time. Kind of cowardly, really.

No, I do not know the OP, nor have I ever visited his restaurant. And the fact that he’s from Canada does not figure in my defense. Actually, it’s not even a defense, but more of a reaction to all the hostility. Makes me sick.

Christ, we’ve all made mistakes.
But, then again, I ne’er did understand revenge or schadenfreude, even.

I couldn’t agree with Wookie more. This and the other threads about Feebie’s go far beyond internet discussion of a guy’s restaurant and crosses into crass, very personal insults. I further think Maoman’s too barely disguised stomp on the guy in the separate thread is one of the biggest steaming piles ever posted on this site… And he has the nerve to suggest advertising on this site afterward. LMFAO.

[quote=“Wookiee”]I’ve seldom see such pointed animosity toward a poster in a thread.

You may not like someone or what they had to say, and you may think it’s justified…but there are less acerbic ways to criticize someone I think, regardless of what mistakes they may have made in the past. You don’t all have to pile on at the same time. Kind of cowardly, really.

No, I do not know the OP, nor have I ever visited his restaurant. And the fact that he’s from Canada does not figure in my defense. Actually, it’s not even a defense, but more of a reaction to all the hostility. Makes me sick.

Christ, we’ve all made mistakes.
But, then again, I ne’er did understand revenge or schadenfreude, even.[/quote]
People here have good memories. I think a lot of it has to do with the OP’s petty verbal sniping at other restaurants, which resulted in a backlash, which resulted in him lashing out at other posters. As a favour to the OP, I cleaned up his mess a few weeks ago and gave him a clean start. I’m not cleaning up this mess for him, though. He can do it. As Buttercup noted, it’s never too late to set things right. That being said, I’m not optimistic that he has the temperament for it.

Hanged by his own rope. It’s sad to see someone make such a spectacle of themselves.

It seems a bit harsh. The guy seems a bit daft and ill-tempered, rather than malicious. He’s just trying to make a living. God knows there are plenty of people I wouldn’t dream of buying stuff from on flob, but he’s just trying to sell cheapo food in da county. Who cares? And more importantly, how many of us would have gone there anyway?

Is this because he had a pop at the Alleycats people, with all the conflict of interest / impartiality worms in that can? If so, that’s not very cool.