[Feedback Request] - My First Day In Taipei, Taiwan!

Lol nah. Going to a shinto shrine (not temple, my bad) is more like throwing a coin in a fountain or knocking on wood. It’s a cultural thing people do half out of fun, half out of superstition.

1 Like

Yea, it was all the rage in the time of king Henry the 8th.

Oh, that sounds a tad disrespectful.

With religions in general I agree, but I wouldn’t be so direct if I were trying to be accepted.

Ask a Japanese.

All of them?

Surely paying taxes and contributing to the economy should take precedent over cynically going through the motions with cultural norms one feels superior about?

you dont say

I did say that. Do you want to clarify what you are saying?

Guess I am saying that I think your replies are talking down to Baxter’s point. And Baxter’s kind of perspective is the kind that I would tend to agree with myself, but like expressed via a sarky comment.

P.S. Aren’t you British? don’t you guys speak English over there?

(see that is a sarky comment)

I’ll read my posts again to see if I appeared to be sarcastic, but at no point was that my intention.

1 Like

No, I can’t see any unintentional sarcasm in any of my posts. Could you be more specific as where you have found offence?

I wasn’t offended. I was trying to engage in what we Klingons refer to as banter. No worries.

Such a brilliant riposte.*

• That’s sarcasm
1 Like

And ALWAYS make sure to check your spelling. :wink:

1 Like

Heel, that dozen count if you speakin’. (I corrected damn near half a dozen other blatant mistakes, mostly auto-correct). I frigging went back and corrected that one TOO.

Haha, but after all, your point is salient. Grammar and spelling mistakes are to be avoided. Best not to use your cellphone with the predictive swiping text.

1 Like

You forgot selling drugs and chopping people up.

Get a brand. Be the guy who drinks or eats anything as long at it has long black lady-hair, pig (hopefully) fur, chicken bones, eggshells or eyes in it, or tentacles. Yeah, tentacles are good.

The guy who moved to a foreign country and got a job has been done…without the fanfare, umpteen times. This sounds like you’re talking to your mom in hopes she won’t worry. Be excited or be drunk.

Some Big Don’ts:

Don’t tattoo Taiwan on your face, no matter how much you think you like it here.
Don’t assume cute girls like you because you’re interesting. You’re white. Deal with it.
Don’t think teaching kids will be fun.
Don’t think any other foreigner on the street even notices you or wants to know you.
Don’t ever think “It can’t get worse.”

There are probably more.

Other than that, great place, have fun. 18 year escaped veteran. :+1:

1 Like

These are points to be well-taken. I’ll dare you to eat anything. At. All. Bear in mind that I know which colored dogs actually DO taste better! From experience. :persevere:

If you are connected enough to teach kindergarten without punishment… Do it! They love it, you will love them. Songs, stories, plays, role plays, toys, etc (edit to avoid unnecessary use of Chinese characters)。 Proper preschool education is so so easy, if you have the aptitude. The only problem and change is revising MOEs concept that English is a “subject” (Illegal to teach to students seven years or younger, or whatever the law is this hour) rather than as a communication skill and function. //End lecture

This is really helpful, thank you. I’ve been making a checklist of things to consider for future videos and this adds a lot to that. Keeping videos under 5 minutes will be tough, but that’s actually the average retention of my videos anyways, so that’s a smart outlook. I definitely will not spam this site, especially now that I know the demographics of it. Again, thank you for the help!

1 Like

Believe it or not, I actually did. Macau - Kaohsiung, USD100. :bowing:

1 Like