Feeling Lonely and Depressed in Taipei

[quote=“Icon”][quote=“afterspivak”][quote]i live now in the east bay ,calif and we have sunshine 300 plus days a year.

There are days when I look back to the fog and mist and dark of north Taiwan winters and I kind of miss it.[/quote]

Wanna trade? :slight_smile:

Guy[/quote]

Do send some sunshine, please!

[/quote]

But the rain can bring some talent too:

HEres Teresa singing about Rainy Nagasaki

youtube.com/watch?v=TR0Zfs2 … h84CeWAfls

This is not rain. It is foggy gloomy cat hair mist with bout of windy horizontal frozen water blades. Horrible weather. I’d rather be in Japan -Theresa Teng singing in Japanese, right on cue, Tommy.

I understand the OP very well. Been here twice as long and there are awful days. Then there are bad, and then there are good. I have a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon that describes that perfectly. I do tell myself that the few friends I have are true. But yeah, people here leaving is a bum.

Luckily, Icon is off her rocker, so she’s got interesting hobbies -at least for her, and what the heck is wrong with airplane models?! I’ve met pretty interesting people at the fan clubs, too. Yep, Icon’s mid-life crisis is going pretty well, thank you very much. In all seriousness, my pets keep me grounded. When you have to walk the dogs, you meet other dog people. And you have someone to argue with. Classes and other structures activities force you out as well, and you meet new people. But most days I stay indoors and shut the world. It is a lot easier.

I wish I can walk cats… that way I meet other cat people.

You have the Interwebs for that dear, cat people rule!

Nice one icon.

NOw there are benefits to sunshine, no doubt. Where i live i get 300 plus days of them.

But like i said, Iv always enjoyed those misty, foggy, rainy, cold days in YMS in a hotspring. IT is a different world !

It doesnt get me down, for which im glad.

True, a month of that is enough really. LEt’s have 11 months of sunshiney summer and one month of Taipei winter. Now that would be great.

p…s Teresa Teng. Never visited her grave site in ChinShan even though i only lived maybe 15km away?

I always enjoyed her japanese songs more then her mando ones, even though she was probably more famous for the mando ones.

This is one of my favs, but more rare.

youtube.com/watch?v=SgOQnuV … Bdl62sHTyQ