Feelings about politics survey- countries

Pew Research survey of advanced countries shows citizens in Canada, Australa (in spite of living in an iron-fisted dictatorship), New Zealand, the Netherlands, Sweden and Singapore are happy campers, while the U.S., Italy, Spain, France (probably same result from 1789), Greece, and Japan are not satisfied with their politics, economy or health care systems. South Korea is also very pissed off with politics (84%) and economy(72%)

Taiwan is in the middle- political system: 55% needs major reform, economy: 49%. Health care only 28% see need for reform, compared to 55% in France, generally considered one of the best in the world, and 76% in the US.
Countries who most want to change their politics: Italy, Spain, and US
Economy: Italy, Spain, and Greece
Health care: Greece and US.

Perspective. There are real iron-fisted dictatorships across the Taiwan Strait.

1 Like

Yeah, I stopped reading after that.

I stopped reading before that. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, I know, which is what makes all the whiners on the People’s Republic of Australia thread so pathetic.

The thread title is dispiriting enough that I refuse to even open that thread.

I’ll see if I can find it in Simple English for you.

You already did. :wink:

I find the mention of iron fisted australia and just simple singapore quite interesting. Tell me more.

1 Like

That was @MikeN1’s ham-fisted attempt at irony. Don’t get too excited…

Shhhh… I was baitin…batin? baiten? Nevermind.

Also from Pew Research survey.

Looks like Americans are fed up with everything. Ouch.

And Singaporeans are quite deluded about their politics.

1 Like

Democracy with Asia values :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Tell that to the ghost of JBJ
J. B. Jeyaretnam - Wikipedia

Not asian characteristics. Certainly more chinese leaning though.

Some of those stats surprise me. Especially with taiwan valueing society over money or family. Clearly they didnt take into account where public money is spent. Old age pensions, old age homes and medical assitance centers for the disabled, sidewalks, traffic safety etc. Or maybe its about what they actually care about, not what they care to do anything about?