Fencing coach

Hi there! I’m looking for a Taiwanese fencing coach. If anyone knows, please leave his/her contacts here🙏 Thanks!

1 Like

There’s a foil club in Dazhi and a club called 鬥魚 (all three weapons) in Ximending.

2 Likes

Wow really?!! I used to fence a little in middle school is be open to join. Next time I fly to America I can pick up my old foil. See if the helmet still fits.

I didn’t grow much after like 10th grade because I had trouble eating enough. A problem that unfortunately has reversed :joy:

2 Likes

I haven’t checked out either club. I did epée for a while once upon a time but dear god the equipment and tournament fees are expensive! Its my understanding the one in Dazhi is more reasonably priced and their floor fees include equipment rental, while the one in Ximen expects you to buy the whole kit before you can start training.

The foil club in Dazhi is Olym Fencing, but I can’t find a website for them now.
There’s also a club in Neihu called Starry Fencing. Its coaches are from Taiwan university fencing teams - https://starryfencing.bitrix24.site/. Don’t expect to see the large club footprints in Taiwan that you see in North America or Europe. Also better have a plan for keeping your jacket, plastron, etc. mildew-free after each practice!

1 Like

Thank you :blush: I heard about that place. Gonna check them soon

Thanks for the idea! I’ll check that website :slight_smile: