Fencing

Does anyone know of a club in Taipei which teaches either fencing (foil, epee, sabre)? Or Kendo?

Not me, but repeat that question for Taichung. I’d like to check out some of the local fencers. I haven’t done fencing for what… 6~7 years. I was the #9 Epee-ist in Australian universities in my time. Never was into the sabre. Foil was ok, but Epee was much more fun because there was no right-of-attack rules. :sunglasses:

I’m looking for a Kendo club in Taipei, and also a place to buy kendo equipment.

I brought my hakama and gi, but I need to buy bogu and shinai before I can start practicing again.

Thanks.

RR

I know nothing about kendo, but a friend in Australia who is in the Australian Kendo team (or whatever it’s called) and used to be the Aust Kendo champion came to Taiwan last year for the kendo world championships.

So there’s gotta be something here.

I fenced for a couple of years when I was a teenager (foil). Love to do some again. Let me know if you find a club. I will also ask around the local community.

[quote=“cfimages”]I know nothing about kendo, but a friend in Australia who is in the Australian Kendo team (or whatever it’s called) and used to be the Aust Kendo champion came to Taiwan last year for the kendo world championships.

So there’s gotta be something here.[/quote]Kendo’s quite popular here. I don’t have any details of Kendo classes/clubs, but I’ll keep my eyes open.

The Chinese Taipei fencing association:

163.27.59.1/www2root/ucs-wwwroot … -index.htm

[quote=“Muzha Man”]The Chinese Taipei fencing association:

163.27.59.1/www2root/ucs-wwwroot … -index.htm[/quote]

Thank you

I will likely check it when the outdoor swimming pool season is over.

Does anyone fence at the Taipei fencing club? Can anyone tell me details about it?

fencing is a sport? what, like wood chopping and cow roping?

Where I come from, it’s bloody hard work. Chop the post, dig the post hole, pull the wire, bust a gut on the strainer.

[quote=“urodacus”]fencing is a sport? what, like wood chopping and cow roping?

Where I come from, it’s bloody hard work. Chop the post, dig the post hole, pull the wire, bust a gut on the strainer.[/quote]

No shit, must be like those fuckin Highland Games, every one of those events is something I’ve gotten paid to do at some point in my life.

Has anyone had any experience with the Taipei Shithouse Digging Club???

Uncouth colonials.

Tightass inbred imperial.

Tightass inbred imperial.[/quote]

Pah! Evidence? I deMAND a googled picture!

Tightass inbred imperial.[/quote]

Pah! Evidence? I deMAND a googled picture![/quote]

You English people gots problems…

Thanks, Satellite TV. Now back to the latrines!

Damn, you’re right, it looks exactly like him!!