Fertility Policy Subsidy (Baby bonus) For Foreigners

I’m guessing the answer is no, but if both parents are non-Taiwan citizens and both hold APRCs, would the government give it to you?

Might should offer citizenship as well. Could help.

If foreigners with APRC can’t even get the damn Gogoro rebates, I highly doubt the baby subsidy will be available.

(Sorry, just getting that off my chest.)

4 Likes

I didn’t know this existed, but we’re expecting our baby in August so it would be awesome!

I found this article that seems to imply it does apply to foreigners: https://ifi.immigration.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=9292&ctNode=36701&mp=ifi_en

There are a couple links on this page that may have more information too. I’ll be looking into them more in depth.

From the article:

That pretty much means no for APRC holders, although that article is specific to new immigrants and may or may not be quoting official policy. Still, probably no.

One of parents should be a citizen.

Added
I think subsidy of labor insurance is applied to foreigners too.

Probably I should have posted this under legal. @yyy would probably have an answer. I suppose few people here are in the same position.

And I think to myself, no rebate eh? That’s OK , I’ll keep polluting your space with my gas scooter. Not a very smart public policy if the goal is reducing emissions.

Not to mention all the other things aprc holders are denied. For example if someone has a medical disability with aprc, sorry no discount hsr ticket for you. Maokong gondola same.

The maternity benefits under the Labor Insurance Act are for all mothers (foreign or not) who are enrolled in laobao. The link to the BLI’s website provided in the article is broken (of course), but you can see the benefits in Art. 31 to 32 of the LIA.

1 Like

Thanks, but that seems to refer specifically to insurance policy. I looked at the link and it doesn’t seem to refer to what I’m asking about. I’m asking about the one-time maternity bonus at the birth of a child, which varies by county, and the monthly stipend up to the age of 6. Referenced here:

I couldn’t find information about this through forumosa’s seach, but I found this old article from Google:

Most of the information is out of date and does not apply to APRC holders, but it does seem to imply that a household registration is needed, which we can’t get. Interestingly, one divorced dad had his child registered on the babysitter’s household registration with himself as the father and was able to collect the monthly subsidies. Not something I would have thought of and seems like a good way to get in trouble.

If you read Chinese, this page summarizes the info well.
Except for the subsidy by labor insurance, I think one of parents of newborn should be a citizen.

2019 最新!北台灣生育津貼、育兒津貼、托育補助等育兒福利總整理

I did not see one mention there of requirements of nationality, hukou, or anything similar. It’s just a description of the program.

The page has links to each program of each government.

For example, requirements for the maternity bonus of new taipei city from the linked government page are as follows.

申請條件:
★於本市完成出生登記新生兒之母。
★新生兒之母或父其中一方,設籍並實際居住本市10個月以上(10個月計算方式:新生兒出生日期往前回推10個月),且申請時仍設籍本市者。

To do 出生登記 (birth registration), one parent needs to be a citizen for usual cases. In addition, one of parents should have established hukou (設籍) in the city for 10 months or more. I haven’t checked all the links, but they may be similar.

Keelung city
基隆市婦女生育獎勵金發放自治條例
http://exlaw.klcg.gov.tw/NewsContent.aspx?id=511

第三條
符合下列規定,於中華民國一百零四年一月一日(含)以後出生並於本市完成出生登記新生兒之母得申請生育獎勵金:
一、新生兒之父母雙方或一方設籍本市一年以上,且申請時仍設籍本市。
二、已設籍本市滿一年之未婚婦女。
三、未設籍本市之未婚婦女,新生兒經生父認領登記,且生父設籍符合第一款規定。
新生兒之母死亡、行方不明或受監護宣告,得由新生兒之父或實際扶養人提出申請。
新生兒之母或父戶籍,於本市各區間遷徙不影響申請資格,但遷出本市後又再遷入者,應重新計算設籍期間。

My Chinese isn’t perfect, but that actually seems to suggest one only needs to be resident in the city, although looking up 出生登記, I think you’re right that the child has to have the birth registered at the household registration office or whatever it’s called. So lack of household registration would disqualify APRC holders.

Ah, well. It would have been nice.

no. 設籍 means to establish a hukou.

新生兒之母或父戶籍,於本市各區間遷徙不影響申請資格,但遷出本市後又再遷入者,應重新計算設籍期間。

in this part, hukou is explicitly mentioned.

Yeah, got it. Not possible, it would have been nice. I missed the second part and I searched for 戶口, not 戶籍. Thanks for clearing that up, it’s an absolute no.

I’m wondering if it really would be possible to register a child on the hukou of a non-parent like the divorced dad mentioned on the other thread. I’m sure it only worked because the child had previously been on a hukou. That’s a weird loophole. The whole hukou thing is odd in today’s world.

At least we get the insurance benefits, although the things it covers doesn’t help in our case.