FIFA World Cup 2018

Didn’t watch the game. Guess it was not enough to warrant a penalty. In the box they often decide in the favor of the defender to avoid games being decided by penalties.

Last world cup there was a commentator in the Ivory Coast vs Japan match who constantly commented on the size of the Africans compared to the Japanese players. He actually called them at one point black monsters and went on and on about the unfair size match-up whilst giggling and snorting. Unbelievably embarrassing.

oh well

1 Like

Know what? That he is being photographed?

The video was funny but it would not post. I thought it better to remove after some consideration.

Sweden beat SK.

Corrected the typo now, even as I was drinking Swedish beer earlier in another thread for its win over SK.

thanks
:beers:

1 Like

I get this, but it looked like the refs got annoyed as was I. Although I can’t stand when they pull on jerseys like they did a few time with him, especially for big names like him because I want to watch him do something spectacular with some separation.

I’m assuming he’s getting picked apart now by fans? Wasn’t his fault entirely they lost but there were time like some free kicks where he just utterly disappointed and played it safe and gave the ball to someone else. Just looked like he didn’t want it.

I have to say it was by far the worst game I watched so far. Neither team created, slow pace of play. The entire game was a penalty kick they gave to Sweden that I think SK could have gotten as well. Really disappointed with this SK team, I was hoping their young players would show me something. I remember their 2002 team with the former Man U captain 3 lung park that was a big time player always seems to be in the right spot despite not being a world class striker.

1 Like

Ha ha

I was neutral on the game, but maybe we saw it differently.
I thought Sweden stepped up its game, especially playing very good defense, while SK went down a notch and sometimes just played “acting” soccer (trying to get fouls, etc.) or even a bit rougher stupid soccer, and hence the penalty kick.

Anyone watching Japan/Colombia. Not as expected.

I loved that guy. Most successful player from Asia by far. The guy ran like a mad man and always was in the right spot. Was a super shy character off the pitch but he never crumbled in big games.

I would hardly call myself an expert commentator of the game unlike other sports. But neither team looked that great to me. SK got lucky with some poor decisions that they got away with. Their goal keeper really kept them in the game. But maybe I’m used to Sweden with Zaltan and they don’t have anyone that’s even close to replacing him on their international squad.

Don Pablo would be displeased. Not a fan of japan.

Yes, watching Jpn/Col.
The first goal was so sudden, I hadn’t nearly settled into my comfy chair in apartment.
Had to see rewind to understand it was a hand-foul.

I’m watching on Fox sports thru slingbox. Announcers are Spanish speakers announcing in English. When the goals were scored, they broke into Goalllllllllllllllllllll. But it was louder and longer for Columbia’s goal, ha ha.

I started watching the Col-Jap game in the second half and was surprised how Japan dominated the ball and how slow the Colombians were. Then I learned that they were playing with 10 men. Still an achievement for the Japanese. A third of them it seems play in the Bundesliga. I wonder if Muto is part of the team. He’s a good striker.

Does anyone know of a reasonable stream to watch the Games from ? Without signing your life away to a dubious source, as seems to be required by many?

Search on Reddit and I am sure you’ll find streams once a game starts.

www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/

1 Like

Yes, he’s an over - paid drama queen. But, when he stays on his feet, he is top quality.