Filing taxes early

Can I file my taxes early at the center in Beimen? I unexpectedly have a day off and I’d rather do it today rather than take a day off in May.

Yes for sure

How did this work out?

Guy

He filed his taxes.

Didn’t manage to file. You need all your paperwork including withholding statements and medical receipts to file early. The tax office doesn’t get that information electronically until May.

1 Like

That hasn’t been the case in the past, perhaps its changed though. I usually file at the end of this month and they always have my income/source statement ready. I think I’ve gotten it in early April a time or two. I plan to go in the next two weeks and will report back.

Are you self-employed? I’ve often filed early. As early as March. 扣繳憑單 are in the system way before that.

Bah! I’m glad I asked. That’s exactly what I experienced from the Taipei City Zhonghua Road tax office when I tried showing up early—the tax office didn’t have the relevant data yet.

Guy

1 Like

No I have an employer.

So what’s the deal? Can we file early or not?
I’d like to get my tax report thing so I can use it as proof of my total salary in 2021 to apply for a credit card. I’d also like to go early before it gets really busy down there

1 Like

Oh, I’m curious too: plus, there’s a non-zero chance that virus spread could soon make doing this more complicated.

1 Like

Actually I am suddenly remembering that my last tax statement didn’t even say how much I earned that year, only how much tax I paid. I can’t find it now though :frowning: can anyone check theirs to see if that is true?

Just checked mine. I have entries for “Consolidated Gross Income”, “Net Taxable Income”, and “Tax Payable” (where the difference between the first two is 9B/gaofei income).

There’s no entry for total income though. The first of those above shows the total income minus exemptions/deductions.

so that’s total income minus things like spouse allowance + child allowance, etc?

sucks that it doesn’t just say how much you earned. I wonder if they offer a different document for that

I presume so, but I don’t have a spouse or a child. I guess the deductions are all included together though. Yeah, I thought it was weird to not have the total amount as well.

1 Like