Filing Taxes in 2022

Yes.

4 Likes

I understand, but don’t worry, I did it outside in the tents last year, it was super windy, wind driven rain, and somehow still everything went smoothly - they are super helpful. Any question and there will be 3 people grouping together to give you any answer.

I would just recommend an envelope or paper clips for tidiness / paper weight.

5 Likes

Where can I get the 2021 income tax return firms that don’t have ‘sample’ printed over the front?

My first time doing tax return in Taiwan should be fun.

I always get them at the tax office.

3 Likes

Just walk into the tax office and say loudly “I surrender”.

2 Likes

I was hoping for a pdf I could fill in on the computer.

1 Like

Ah. That’s a very different question. I don’t know.

I have a problem with my right hand I find writing clearly difficult, especially in the tiny spaces they provide on forms here, I have taught myself to write name address in Chinese so that helps.
Thanks I’ll go to tax office get a few copies do my best, go back ask if they can help me fill in? Another copy?

1 Like

They will only give you one copy.

:thinking: best I ask a friend to help at home, I can scan save as pdf or doc fill in digital as a proof copy.

As I recall there’s a woman in charge of the forms so you have to take a ticket to get a form. Maybe create a diversion.

The old office in Xindian just had a couple of stacks of the simple and complicated returns forms, you could grab as many as you liked. Don’t know about the new office but you can just say you need a couple for you friends, aunty, uncle, whatever and get several. Or go paperless and use the fantastic software! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :poop:

So anyone got their refund yet?

I’m guessing it will be delayed a month since tax returns were also delayed a month

Refunds take four months.

Really?

I’m sure I got my refund for 2018 in like June/July

1 Like

From foreignersintaiwan.com

Q: When will I get my Taiwan tax refund?
A: No one can say for sure. This depends on how early you submitted your tax refund, how complicated your refund is, and the arbitrary decision making of the tax officer assigned to you. As an example, I personally filed my taxes the first week of May and received my tax refund in July.

2 Likes

August 1st. The Central Bank releases funds on August 1st. This is for general foreign employees.

2 Likes

Try to see if you can get your hands on a Mac for filing taxes - the web version of the online filing software actually doesn’t suck that much. Definitely more comfortable than filling out a paper form IMHO.

Maybe facetious, and I’m earning a “Whoosh!”, or perhaps strictness of branches vary. I always get a few copies without any issue. Every year before this one they’ve just been in a drawer. This is the first year I’ve had ask for the general form (the simple form was still available in a drawer; I suspect by chance they were out of the general form).

And yeah, the spaces on those forms are crazy small to write in.

To be honest I just walk in there every year and get someone to do it all for me. I can no longer hold a pen. :disappointed:

5 Likes