Filipina maid (how dangerous?)

How dangerous is it to have a Filipina maid coming over once a week. She works somewhere else legally but working at my place would obviously not be legal. I know it’s dangerous but how dangerous? I mean, what are the chances of getting caught? For example, have the security guards in my apartment complex been told to report illegal workers?

That’s a distinct possibility. Plus, any of your neighbours that have a grudge against you will rat you out with impunity and they can do it via an anonymous phone call, so its no-risk for them. Tread very carefully. The fines for both you and her are very very steep.

or you could do what my GF’s sister does (and most taiwanese from what i hear) and never let her out of the house, never let her use the phone, never let her have a day off, never let her do anything…

more of a snide comment than a constructive post… :s

If the Filipina maid illegal work at 3 other place. When she was caught at other place, the police will ask her where other place she work ? So the police will find out you.

Right. That’s also standard and pretty common. So even if she’s not actually caught at your house, you could get nailed that way. I’m not sure exactly, but I believe you can get fined around NT$100,000 or more.

Or find a legal one. PM me if you are interested.

I have an American friend who got fined NT$150,000 in spite of he insisted that he did not know it was illegal to hire a part time Filipina maid

And I gotta tell you, this man looks like a million bucks in a frilly French maid’s outfit, too. Not everyone has the legs to carry it off, you know… And he does windows!

And I gotta tell you, this man looks like a million bucks in a frilly French maid’s outfit, too. Not everyone has the legs to carry it off, you know… And he does windows![/quote]

It was the ballet.