Final Fantasy VII

Thought I share this:

Yesterday evening I browsed through the DVD rental store down the road, and I noticed that there is a new Final Fantasy movie out (Final Fantasy VII). I must have completely missed it when it was in the theatres. As I really enjoyed the first movie incarnation of this very popular role play game I got interested. After making sure that there is an english sound track on the disc, I just rented the DVD.

I must say, it blew my mind. I am not an expert in the Final Fantasy universe, so the story was okay. What true amazed me was the CG animation. Best I have seen so far. There were scenes with so much detail, that it was sometimes hard to tell that it is computer generated movie. A must see for any animation fan out there.

Technically it’s FF7:Advent Children. It was never in theaters either - they originally released it for the UMD format for PSP, as a kind of incentive to buy the thing.

But I’ve heard a lot of good things about the movie. The only thing is, did you beat (or even just play) FF7? Apparently the movie can be hard to follow if you haven’t, since it’s a sequel to the game…

[quote=“Tetsuo”]Technically it’s FF7:Advent Children. It was never in theaters either - they originally released it for the UMD format for PSP, as a kind of incentive to buy the thing.

But I’ve heard a lot of good things about the movie. The only thing is, did you beat (or even just play) FF7? Apparently the movie can be hard to follow if you haven’t, since it’s a sequel to the game…[/quote]

Sorry, forgot the 2nd part of the title. Thanks for the info though. I was suprised how I could have missed that one in the theatres, but your info explains it. And I thought that I am not in the loop anymore. It would have been a shame if that movie would have only been released on UMD with its limited resolution. The DVD version is very nice. Progressive Scan, 5.1 discrete sound and great CG action. All a good movie needs.

How can there be a sequel to a final fantasy?

[quote=“rice_t”]How can there be a sequel to a final fantasy?[/quote]The same way The Neverending Story was 94 minutes long.