Finding a Replacement?

I’m quitting my job for personal reasons, but I feel really terrible about leaving them in the lurch. Plus, I didn’t give them enough notice, as it turns out (tealit.com has the minimum as 10 days, turns out, 30!). I’d like to help them find a replacement teacher, but tealit and forumosa both charge excessive amounts to post ads or look at teacher’s details. I like the school a lot, but not enough to shove out $50 for a 15 day ad.

So what I’m asking is, is there another website, or way of getting teachers for the job? Does anyone here, by any chance, want a new job? How do I help them, but not spend any money? It’s in Taibei, btw.

Thanks!

Beta testing is at 85%, according to the little icon at top left, therefore I’d say you can still post a teaching classified for free.

Taibei where? Kids or adults? Salary? Conditions? Thanks.

[quote]
Beta testing is at 85%, according to the little icon at top left, therefore I’d say you can still post a teaching classified for free.[/quote]

I tried to post there, but it didn’t go through without asking me to charge my account.

I didn’t know if I could post job details here, or if it’s frowned upon? If it is, sorry, if it’s not:

Taibei, Zhishan station. Kids, $35000 per month, 12 hours a week, afternoons M-F. Conditions = excellent, very supportive management! I really am very sorry to do this to them, so I’d really, really like to find someone to fill the post for them.

You charge your account for nothing. It even says that you need to pay 0. Go ahead and click to charge and if it doesn’t come up, refresh the page and it will have “recharged” your account (for a grand total of 0).

$35,000 for 12 hours? Wow!

As far as tealit.com being wrong on the resignation thing, I don’t think most of the articles on tealit, aside from the lottery, have been updated since I was a regular poster there…which I haven’t been since 2001. If you check your school’s work rules, however…provided they have some, it should have told you how much notice you need to give in order to quit. Anyways, good luck. I wish I could help, but it would probably conflict with my hours. :sunglasses:

I think Tealit is in the process of renovating their site–I haven’t been able to access my account there for four days. :s