Finding housing in hsin tzu

hi all. long time lurker, first time caller.

i was wondering if anyone had suggestions on where to live in hsin tzu. i’ll be moving there sometime in august. hopefully i’ll have NT$20k to split between living and housing and car/gas/utilities/entertainment.

any suggestions? i dont think ihave enough to get my own apartment, but maybe share one or something…

20k for rent, living, car, utilities and entertainment? Suggestion number one: get a new job. :loco: Even in Xinzhu, 20k isn’t going to cut it. Where are you moving from? How established in Taiwan are you?

He could live in his car in Hsinchu for that price… :smiley:

ok… about how much should i expect housing to cost if i share an apartment? basically i’m trying to find out how much i should expect cost of living to be.

if i might ask, how much do teachers earn a month, about?

[quote=“pdk902”]ok… about how much should i expect housing to cost if i share an apartment? basically I’m trying to find out how much I should expect cost of living to be.

if i might ask, how much do teachers earn a month, about?[/quote]

Salaries depend on whether you teach at a private school, bushiban, government school or a combination of these.

Generally from 50K upwards.

Sharing would certainly help so you’ll need to look around. You could live in Yangmei just down the road where nice 2 storey houese go for around 15K a month. Better living as well.