Finding places to go in Taoyuan

I’ve seen mentions of places to go in Taoyuan, (Beyond, Lion King, Ass bar, etc.) but never any addresses.
How does one find these places, where are they?
Rodeo’s all well and good, but there has to be more:)
Anyone have a good listing of places actually in Taoyuan and surronding communities? (nankan, Zhongli, etc.)

Can’t comment on Nankan and Zhongli, as I rarely go to those places. But Taoyuan city proper has very few places that are any good. Rodeo’s is, well, a bar. But like all places in Taoyuan city, it’s small, dark and dingy. If you continue up the same road Rodeo’s is on and cross SanMing road, there is another place called Wild West. The people running the place are kind of nice. Once again, though, it’s small and dirty. If I want a real pub that’s clean, and whose draft beer I can trust, I usually just go into Taipei. There seems to be little choice. If I can’t stand the commute, or just want to get hosed, regardless of the surroundings, I go to Rodeo’s.

Was at the Orange Room last night
Cool place people actually dance there, not too many foreigners either
There was a breakdance crew that WAS F@#$%G AMAZING! Couldn’t believe it, mad skillz!
Its in the same building as Global Village, near the train station
They have 3 rooms each with a different colour / vibe!
They had shit Taiwanese techno in one room, a live band in another and a weird out white room!
Will definitely go back!

There really aren’t that many places worth more than a quiet beer here in Taoyuan. I don’t get out to Zhongli much because it’s just as easy to go to Taipei, which is much better.

Why don’t you come to the Happy Hour in Zhongli on Friday night?

There really aren’t that many places worth more than a quiet beer here in Taoyuan. I don’t get out to Zhongli much because it’s just as easy to go to Taipei, which is much better.

Why don’t you come to the Happy Hour in Zhongli on Friday night?

i’ve heard various reports of places in nankan with satellite …

some friends and i are hoping to catch the FA cup final tomorrow night. is anyone aware of a place in nankan/taoyaun with satellite that will be open and showing this game tomorrow evening? reports have it starting at nine.

i’m hoping for places that people have been to and have confirmed that they have sat., as i’ve been burned on this so many times before i’ve lost count.

thanks in advance.

xtrain, do understand there are a couple of dishes around the Airport! Seriously not heard from anybody that works down there of a pub with satellite connection. Depending on where you are in Taoyuen, either come up to Taipei or go to Hsinchu where for sure the Pig & Whistle as well as the Forq2 bar show the game. 9pm, is the build up (bus arriving and bla, bla) kick off is 10pm, and then after full time game, injury time, extra time and penalty shoot out, about 12’45am local time. Arsenal will be the FA Cup winner and the Mancs keep their trophy cabinet empty! :raspberry:

95 pub in Nankan does have satellite TV - i’ve been there to watch a few games this season. No big screen though, but it’s not too bad as the place never gets busy enough so that you can’t see the TV’s!

Now that you mention it, we might go down there to catch the game. it’ll be a 10pm kick-off our time,right?

[quote=“xtrain_01”]I’ve heard various reports of places in nankan with satellite …

Some friends and I are hoping to catch the FA cup final tomorrow night. is anyone aware of a place in nankan/taoyaun with satellite that will be open and showing this game tomorrow evening? reports have it starting at nine.

I’m hoping for places that people have been to and have confirmed that they have sat., as I’ve been burned on this so many times before I’ve lost count.

thanks in advance.[/quote]

Yes there are places with satellite TV in Nankan Toayuan Yangmei Chungli that I have installed are private residences. I have not installed any sports bars in these areas.

4Q2 in Mintzu Road Hsinchu 035 210 387 which has English satellite TV DSTV South Africa and Dream TV.

[quote=“Mugatu”]95 pub in Nankan does have satellite TV - I’ve been there to watch a few games this season. No big screen though, but it’s not too bad as the place never gets busy enough so that you can’t see the TV’s!

Now that you mention it, we might go down there to catch the game. it’ll be a 10pm kick-off our time,right?[/quote]

Can you put up a phone numer and address?

An address would probably be useful too.

195 ZhongZheng road, NanKan. If you’re coming from Taoyuan (freeway intersection XinNan Road, i think) it’s just after the Eva Air building and bing lang girls on the road to Tai Mall.

1. It’s very small, in 2 floors, have the usual keyboard karaoke thing, and hardly ever sees any guests - has been empty every time I am there.

Also, have San Miguel on draft.

[quote=“Mr He”]95. It’s very small, in 2 floors, have the usual keyboard karaoke thing, and hardly ever sees any guests - has been empty every time I am there.

Also, have San Miguel on draft.[/quote]

I think the karaoke thing is finished. If you want to just have a few beers and watch the game it’ll do the job.

We might go there to watch the game then over to republic on Zhong Xiao road nearby to catch the band play. That usually finishes about 1.30am I think.

i’m gonna try make it there with a few people too - have loads of papers and crap due, so no late one for me.

one more month …

go arsenal! :slight_smile: