Finding Somewhere to Live

I am studying Sinology, 2nd grade. This year in August i am going to study for a year at National Taiwan Normal University.I am going to have Taiwan Government Scholarship.I need to ask some questions.
I’ve sent mail to NTNU to ask about housing, and they said NTNU doesn’t offer dormitory to MTC students.I’ve already been accepted to NTNU’s MTC.I don’t know if i could change my school choice now,because i’ve already delivered the pre-admission letter to Taiwan Consulate.Anyway I really want to study at NTNU but i don’t know what to do about housing.I have never been in Taiwan.It’s really hard to find place to live before i see it.So i shall get your advices.I want to know a hostel or something like that close to NTNU.Whether living in a hostel or another place would be better for me?
I’m going to have 25.000NT per month.Is that enough to live in Taipei(food,place etc.)?
The place i’m looking for should be close to NTNU(can go by walking),clean and not small(i’ve checked some hostels and their rooms are very small) When i arrive Taipei,the first day, where should i go?As you can understand, im looking for a long term place.Should i live close to NTNU or is there any better option? If i stay in a place away from NTNU would it be cheaper(with bus,rent etc.). I want to live with 25.000NT for a month if i can :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance.